Metalcloak Game-Changer Suspension, 2.5" Fox Edition

jeep203

Hi all. First post here.

I just bought my first Jeep in November. A 2017 JK Rubicon Recon with D44 front and back, 4.10 ratio. This is my daily driver but I fully intend on wheeling at least once a month on blue trails.

So yeah, here's the plan unless you fine folks can persuade me otherwise.

I'm looking at the Metalcloak Game-Changer Suspension, 2.5" Fox Edition lift. I plan on going with 34s on my stock rims. I've been tempted by the EVO Enforcer 3" but I'm trying to stay low-ish, think parking garages and good highway manners, while increasing my off-road capability.

What do you folks think? Any experience with this lift?

Last edited:
What convinced you to go this direction?

Which direction? Metalcloak or the 2.5" lift in general? Metalcloak, by many accounts, seems to have the hardiest joints in it's class. I want to be sure that any negative byproducts of the lift are addressed by the kit. I feel that a full set of control arms will help in this persuit. I liked the EVO kit because it seems to address my want for a solid middle ground between road handling and off-road beef.

Mind you, I'm a woodworker, so I know enough to be dangerous. I'm more than willing to take your direction within the confines of my budget. That said, I'm not afraid to spend a bit of money for the optimal gear but there is a limit.

Give a man a fish . . . I need some education as to the err of my thought process. :D

It’s everything you need and nothing more. Well, you need shocks but I sell those too. Even after you buy the shocks though it’s cheaper than the “game changer”. Oh and there’s a discount code that’ll give you 5% off. getEVO5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

HA!!! So I take it you don't like their gear?

Talk to Exodus. But you can run a really small quality lift to run 34s.

What would be a good lift. When I bought my jk it already had a 6” skyjacker lift. Would like to replace as I’m starting to slowly replace

What size tires are you running? I would imagine that a six inch lift may require changing a lot to get it back to where it should be.

Don't let anyone convince you that metalcloak is a bad lift. Are there better options out there? Sure are. But I can tell you that I have been running their 3.5" for a few years now without a single hiccup. I am not overly easy on my poor jeep, and tend to push my limits. I will always bring up the fact that for some reason Metalcloak decided to make their joints without grease zerks. Disassembling the joints occasionally to clean and grease them isn't a huge deal, but having the ability to grease them easily would be a game changer (pun intended)

After running with others, seeing many different lifts in action I would lean towards something with Johnny Joints if I was looking to buy another lift.

It’s everything you need and nothing more. Well, you need shocks but I sell those too. Even after you buy the shocks though it’s cheaper than the “game changer”. Oh and there’s a discount code that’ll give you 5% off. getEVO5

Thanks for the code! Which shocks would you recommend? Rancho RS9000XL?

Don't let anyone convince you that metalcloak is a bad lift. Are there better options out there? Sure are. But I can tell you that I have been running their 3.5" for a few years now without a single hiccup. I am not overly easy on my poor jeep, and tend to push my limits. I will always bring up the fact that for some reason Metalcloak decided to make their joints without grease zerks. Disassembling the joints occasionally to clean and grease them isn't a huge deal, but having the ability to grease them easily would be a game changer (pun intended)

After running with others, seeing many different lifts in action I would lean towards something with Johnny Joints if I was looking to buy another lift.

Any companies in particular that you know of?

Currie, Evo, Synergy, probably a couple others. Like I said, Metalcloak will be just fine for what you are planning. I'm on their 3.5 with 37s and the ride is great. If you want their lift you will be fine, I will run mine till something finally breaks and upgrade as necessary.

Top Bottom