LOVE IT or HATE IT? JEEP's New Slogan - “Zero Emission Freedom”

Tanktitan

I am waiting for a self-driving rock crawler. That will be a blast…no wait, maybe just show us YouTube videos of a self-driving Jeep…that way we don’t even have to buy one!

rhinofit

Its like wiping your butt butt before going, I can see it now...."dude,..hold on I need to plug into this tree and get my charge on"....lol

TrailHunter

Hooked
I’m all for new tech.. but it’s just not there yet.. The batteries and charging aren’t there yet.. And unless we start tapping into Nuclear Power on a large scale... these 2025 goals will Fail. “Zero emission Freedom” is just a slogan to stay relevant in 2021... I find Zero Freedom being stuck in the desert with 0% charge.

Kell

Not that I am fundamentally against EV’s per se. A study done at USC found that on average, an EV uses as much electricity in 100 miles as the average household in a day. We have no infrastructure for that kind of electrical usage. And there are many other extrapolations.

MS3104

What every single one of these organizations like to gloss over is that their fully chargeable vehicle or hybrid sill require the use of Coal Fired Power plants, (in the US at least). Overall there is going to be very little environmental impact by making this change unless countries get onboard with newer technology Nuclear power plants. I guess I need to get that hemi-engine soon.

DaveinCali

Weirdly negative response from folks. We’re talking about a decade from now, for starters, and a 40% US target. Nobody said anything about taking away your toys.

EVs at maturity will be nothing short of awesome for 90% of the off-road crew. Wildly better low end torque. Quiet on a trail. Fewer parts to bust. Rationally this group should be some of the most excited, if it weren’t for the politics of EVs . Yes, today the weight is too high and the cost isn’t quite where it needs to be. But fast forward a decade or two and I think anybody with a Hemi is going to realize they’re far from the top dog on the trails. Plus imagine having 40s without having to regear, and what if you could pay the equivalent of $1/gallon for gas around town? Jeepers get defensive about smiles per gallon; I don’t know about you, but if I could save a few grand a year in gas that pays for a lot of mods.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Weirdly negative response from folks. We’re talking about a decade from now, for starters, and a 40% US target. Nobody said anything about taking away your toys.

EVs at maturity will be nothing short of awesome for 90% of the off-road crew. Wildly better low end torque. Quiet on a trail. Fewer parts to bust. Rationally this group should be some of the most excited, if it weren’t for the politics of EVs . Yes, today the weight is too high and the cost isn’t quite where it needs to be. But fast forward a decade or two and I think anybody with a Hemi is going to realize they’re far from the top dog on the trails. Plus imagine having 40s without having to regear, and what if you could pay the equivalent of $1/gallon for gas around town? Jeepers get defensive about smiles per gallon; I don’t know about you, but if I could save a few grand a year in gas that pays for a lot of mods.
Fewer parts to bust? Lol I stopped reading there.

TrailHunter

Hooked

You are crazy if you think they will just give away power.... We will all pay out the ass one way or another.... Even if the tech got so good that a solar panel on your Jeep could keep it charged.... There will be some sort of Energy Tax or fee... Either equivalent or more than we pay now.... you know, for the "greater good".

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who haven't seen it, here's the video that went with the press release.

Spazbyt

Hooked

I'm not against EVs. I am against the myth that they are somehow "cleaner".

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am waiting for a self-driving rock crawler. That will be a blast…no wait, maybe just show us YouTube videos of a self-driving Jeep…that way we don’t even have to buy one!
You know, this IS something that the Stellantis video shows. Seriously

I mean, REALLY???

Last edited:

RoadNomad

Screw electrics and the a$$holes who are trying to shove them down our throats. If you want one buy it, but don't take my choice away just because of the political climate. Not to mention the idiots running the country and forcing auto makers to kill there gas and diesel vehicles.

Were just not there yet, major studies have been completed by universities and industry experts, the power grid cannot support them, and as far as zero emissions go the power needs to come from somewhere (IE coal/natural gas/Nuclear power plants, solar, wind and hydroelectric just don't have the capacity at this point. Electric cars and zero emissions will come, lets just do it smartly and continue to let the technology grow.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Negative. Stellantis is committed to 70% of Jeep sales to be electric. Nobody is taking anything away... for now anyway. But, it really is just a matter of time.

4XE-2025.jpg

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
For those of you who haven't seen it, here's the video that went with the press release.

How the Hell is any of that Crap 100% Freedom?? Looked like a couple of Weirdos dependent on Big Tech to me... And Fuck those ugly Ass charging stations on our trails.. I had to stop watching.

Top Bottom