LOVE IT or HATE IT? JEEP's New Slogan - “Zero Emission Freedom”

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
STELLANTIS DAY.jpg
For those of you who don't know, July 8th is Stellantis Day and today, they held a press conference to share their "comprehensive electrification strategy" for the next 10 years. Among other things, they explained how they will be "targeting over 70 percent of sales in Europe and over 40 percent in the United States to be low emission vehicle (LEV) by 2030." And really, this makes sense being that the EPA is set to change emissions standards in 2025. Stellantis also revealed new slogans for each of their 14 iconic brands to express their electrification approach. For Jeep, it will be "Jeep - Zero Emission Freedom”. Needless to say, I think we can effectively say goodbye to the 392 and really, any HEMI options in the future. You can read all about it here:

With all that said, I'd love to hear your thoughts about all this. Are you happy about the news or hate it?

Stellantis-EV-Day-2021.png

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Only time will tell. Anyone living in California and still there you are majority to blame, just saying!!!

Lol, I'm kidding. Well kinda 😁

2013rubi

I've worked on a few different EV programs in my career starting back in the 80's. Nifty Tech, and it has a feel good vib to it. But those that got their heads out of their butts could see the systematic, larger picture issues. I have a few memes I've seen around that I love.

Imagine if CA was all electric now (like they are mandating now to achieve).. forget about their present power problems... they'll be huge rolling black outs and rationing of electric like Gas in the 70's. Odd plates charge on odd days and even charge on even days, when your blessed with power.

Back in the day when it was lead batteries, what a mess dealing with the recycling, and only virgin lead made the best batteries at the time. One of the reasons today's batteries aren't what they use to be.
And as mentioned above, the battery tech we have now, limited resources. But a lot of work is going on to attempt to come up with a new base for battery tech. But it took nearly 30 years to realize the new base we have now.

Some of fav pix and memes below.
And when I go out for lunch today, I'll fire up my 99 24v Cummins Powered Ram

EV5.png

EV3Capture.JPG

EV2Capture.JPG

EVCapture.JPG

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I've worked on a few different EV programs in my career starting back in the 80's. Nifty Tech, and it has a feel good vib to it. But those that got their heads out of their butts could see the systematic, larger picture issues. I have a few memes I've seen around that I love.

Imagine if CA was all electric now (like they are mandating now to achieve).. forget about their present power problems... they'll be huge rolling black outs and rationing of electric like Gas in the 70's. Odd plates charge on odd days and even charge on even days, when your blessed with power.

Back in the day when it was lead batteries, what a mess dealing with the recycling, and only virgin lead made the best batteries at the time. One of the reasons today's batteries aren't what they use to be.
And as mentioned above, the battery tech we have now, limited resources. But a lot of work is going on to attempt to come up with a new base for battery tech. But it took nearly 30 years to realize the new base we have now.

Some of fav pix and memes below.
And when I go out for lunch today, I'll fire up my 99 24v Cummins Powered Ram

View attachment 364842

View attachment 364843

View attachment 364844

View attachment 364845
Exactly. They can’t keep the power on to the houses how the fuck do they charge millions of cars? Only way it would work is if all new battery powered cars had solar panel roofs.

rhinofit

View attachment 364839
For those of you who don't know, July 8th is Stellantis Day and today, they held a press conference to share their "comprehensive electrification strategy" for the next 10 years. Among other things, they explained how they will be "targeting over 70 percent of sales in Europe and over 40 percent in the United States to be low emission vehicle (LEV) by 2030." And really, this makes sense being that the EPA is set to change emissions standards in 2025. Stellantis also revealed new slogans for each of their 14 iconic brands to express their electrification approach. For Jeep, it will be "Jeep - Zero Emission Freedom”. Needless to say, I think we can effectively say goodbye to the 392 and really, any HEMI options in the future. You can read all about it here:

With all that said, I'd love to hear your thoughts about all this. Are you happy about the news or hate it?

View attachment 364837
Really? Seriously?

shawnebell

Ultimately, there is nothing inherently "wrong" with electrification.

The problems start - and end - with the impetus behind the electrification.

The reasoning behind the push for electric is purely political. Remember: electric vehicles have been around forever; the first electric car was made in 1890 in Des Moines, Iowa - a full six years before Karl Benz patented his Benz Motorwagen. The reason electric, steam, or anything other than gas & diesel never caught on was because the technology was never there. And without the technology, there is no push for infrastructure.

We don't have the technology for "zero emission" vehicles, we don't have the technology to build the infrastructure for "zero emission." Every electric car out there has a bigger dirty footprint (I refuse to use "carbon footprint," because that's a bullshit measurement) than even the most foul diesel Hummer. The batteries contaminate. The electricity is pulled from an aging grid that sucks the electricity from diesel or coal fueled generator plants.

The range - while not as important - limits the usefulness of any offroad electric vehicle. I say it's not as important because our gas/diesel fueled Jeeps have a range limit, too. But we can carry extra fuel or walk to a gas station to get gas. You really can't do that with the current (no pun intended) crop of electric vehicles.

The vehicle should follow the technology, not the politics of the latest crop of asshats we elect.

Off-road vehicles that are TRUE "zero emission" transports are decades away.

I DO, however, like the 4XE. I like it better than the diesel Jeep offering. In fact, it may be my next Jeep.

Top Bottom