Let's talk "Stingers".

Most stingers on the market today are made for nothing more than an aggressive look and radiator protection.

Personally im a lover in stingers. I have a Poison Spyder BFH Comp Stinger on my JK and havent really "used" it other then dragging coming back off in a short deep dip. However on my Juggy flipped and landed on the roof. I completely smashed the hood and the one side of the grille. The stinger however did save the radiator like it was supposed to. It is twisted up pretty bad but gussets held. I may rebuild it one day but as of right now it tells the story.
View attachment 222556View attachment 222558View attachment 222559

How many inches over the hood would the Comp BFH be on a JK ?

No problem...besides, I hear if you yank the e-brake and spin the jeep you can just scoop up the moose...

View attachment 222580

Seriously though...I really hate the idea of cutting a frame for a bumper. Lift, tire size, and bumper angle would be my first attack before chopping the frame. My best advice...get some pvc pipe and string and mock up what you need, and what height and angles are needed to protect the hood and keep from doing a frontwards flop...without going so big it gets in the way.

Then get some 1 3/4" DOM cage tubing, some 1/4" plate, and make it the way you want it.

Lol, that is a good one!

The build will have 40's. I just want the best approach angle possible without running no bumper. I also want to avoid tire rub and have as much turning radius as possible.

I see most guys here running regular stubby bumpers with 40's. I take this as a sign that there is no issues I stated above ?

I don't care about cutting the frame, it's being cut for long arms and coilovers as it is. I can always weld the horns back on.

No problem...besides, I hear if you yank the e-brake and spin the jeep you can just scoop up the moose...

View attachment 222580

Seriously though...I really hate the idea of cutting a frame for a bumper. Lift, tire size, and bumper angle would be my first attack before chopping the frame. My best advice...get some pvc pipe and string and mock up what you need, and what height and angles are needed to protect the hood and keep from doing a frontwards flop...without going so big it gets in the way.

Then get some 1 3/4" DOM cage tubing, some 1/4" plate, and make it the way you want it.

Umm. Moose? Funny pic though!

Top Bottom