Let's ear your 3.6!!

Holeshot

Banned
Hey guys! I think in putting an aftermarket exhaust on my 3.6 with a CAI and, I've been looking on youtube for videos but they're rare! So i'm asking, for those who has modified their exhaust and intake system on their 3.6, I wanna ear them!!

Please give a short description of the setup with the video :rock:

I'd like something that has a nice sound, but not too loud. Since my jk is my DD, I need an exhaust that has a low sound level when cruising on the highway and I want to stay away from cop magnet exhaust.

not sure how soon i can get a video made, but i love my dynomax rock crawler exhaust, was going to go with the comp version but wasnt sure about pa laws with where the exhaust exited so i went with the rc since it comes out the back.....everyone compliments me on the sound, a little loud but i love it

I saw the video Eddie made on the dynomax exhaust installed on rubicat, but I wonder if it rumble loud when cruising or smooth acceleration. I really really like the soun it makes, but I'd like something that is not anoying on the road.

I would also prefer a system that goes to the back. If you guys have any suggestion feel free to share!

I've been looking on AFE web site and strangly, all their system puts out 6hp and 14lbs of torque :thinking:, I also saw that they make throttlebody spacer, I know they were a good add-on on the old 4.0L, but what about the 3.6?

look at the dynomax systems that have the vt muffler. that is their drone free muffler. no annoying drone at highway cruise speeds. i have seen a few people who bought the muffler only and just welded or clamped it in.

Here you go - 3.6L with an AIRAID CAI and Dynomax Rock Crawler exhaust :yup:

Eddie,

Dumb question::thinking:
I have never look. is there a resonator on the stock exhaust system and if so is yours removed. There is no harm if you run with out?

Eddie,

Dumb question::thinking:
I have never look. is there a resonator on the stock exhaust system and if so is yours removed. There is no harm if you run with out?

Yes, there is a resonator and yes, we removed it. There is no harm in doing so but, not having one will change the sound of your exhaust. I suspect that with it still in place, our exhaust would sound more like what our 07 does but, without it, it's a bit louder and with a bit more drone. Nothing too bad - just different.

Yes, there is a resonator and yes, we removed it. There is no harm in doing so but, not having one will change the sound of your exhaust. I suspect that with it still in place, our exhaust would sound more like what our 07 does but, without it, it's a bit louder and with a bit more drone. Nothing too bad - just different.

Awesome, Thank you!!

Hey guys! I think in putting an aftermarket exhaust on my 3.6 with a CAI and, I've been looking on youtube for videos but they're rare! So i'm asking, for those who has modified their exhaust and intake system on their 3.6, I wanna ear them!!

Please give a short description of the setup with the video :rock:

I'd like something that has a nice sound, but not too loud. Since my jk is my DD, I need an exhaust that has a low sound level when cruising on the highway and I want to stay away from cop magnet exhaust.

Mine sounds like Rubicat. :thumb:

I haven't had any issues with the police. I'm sure if you gunned it in front of them you might. It really isn't that loud until you get into it. I think it has a nice sweet spot at cruising speed.

In the newly posted JKX video there is a quick clip that captures the sound of MTG's rig and DaveRoberts big gecko JK climbing one of the hills. Both sound mean!

Here you go - 3.6L with an AIRAID CAI and Dynomax Rock Crawler exhaust :yup:

Your's is the competition version of the rock crawler exhaust right? I guess the other just have a longer pipe to the rear and have the same sound? I so, I guess this is gonna be my choice :D

In the newly posted JKX video there is a quick clip that captures the sound of MTG's rig and DaveRoberts big gecko JK climbing one of the hills. Both sound mean!

I took a look at dynomax website and the rockcrawler (long version) is available only for the 3.8. I read somewhere that there is a hanger that is not at the same place but still stands strong. for the rest it fits. Should I wait until they come out with the 3.6 version? I'm not expecting this mod until summer anyways.

Dynomax competition is on my list!
Is that the under cab dump system? If it is the same one they dont have it for the 12's yet, I tried to find a pre axle dump for the 12 2 doors but they are hard to find. Wish they would make one already though! might have to go custom.

Is that the under cab dump system? If it is the same one they dont have it for the 12's yet, I tried to find a pre axle dump for the 12 2 doors but they are hard to find. Wish they would make one already though! might have to go custom.

I'm pretty sure there is a guy on here that was able to make it work. Of course, if you can weld or take your Jeep to a muffler shop, you can make it work for sure.

I'm pretty sure there is a guy on here that was able to make it work. Of course, if you can weld or take your Jeep to a muffler shop, you can make it work for sure.

Yup. I will make it work. :thumb:

like I said above, I read somewhere that the only issue for putting a 3,8 exhaust on a 3.6 was one hanger that was 3" away from the location on the jeep. No big deal. The guy said it was holding pretty well even with one hanger not attached.

Top Bottom