King coilover seal and oil service

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks for the kind words everyone! I really do hope this helps some people save a ton of money and learn something new at the same time. I know I sure as hell did!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome write-up Steve!! Having done it myself, I know it's a hell of a lot of work and you did a great job of documenting it :thumb:

Amrth

Awesome write-up

Another good knowledge thread!

I just got lost at the reservoir servicing part .. So once you get all the reservoir seal back, put the cap back on and use compressed air to push back the piston all the way front to the reservoir (pipe end) and then fill the shock with oil.., am I right?

pop2tu

Great write up. I just got king 2.5 shocks on the rear of my JK. So it is good timing. I will have to keep this right up in mind when it comes time. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Another good knowledge thread!

I just got lost at the reservoir servicing part .. So once you get all the reservoir seal back, put the cap back on and use compressed air to push back the piston all the way front to the reservoir (pipe end) and then fill the shock with oil.., am I right?

Yes, exactly. This is the depth King says it needs to be set at. It also just makes bleeding the air out of the shock a lot easier

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Awesome write-up Steve!! Having done it myself, I know it's a hell of a lot of work and you did a great job of documenting it :thumb:
Thanks Eddie! Yea it’s a really detail oriented task making sure everything is just right and no air is left in the system. Don’t want a squishy shock lol
Great write up. I just got king 2.5 shocks on the rear of my JK. So it is good timing. I will have to keep this right up in mind when it comes time. Thank you

Glad to help. I’m assuming that the process will be very similar for the 2.5 to the coilovers. If you have questions when the time comes post up here and I will be glad to help the best I can

WhiteMetal

I got them by placing a hammer against the shock body where the dust cap threads in and smacked the other side with dead blow after a few hits to each they came apart no problem IMG_0812.jpg

Top Bottom