Jeepers who workout, weights and gym thread

Body dysmorphia is a thing. Everyone tells me I'm a big hulking guy and I see a skinny hard gainer lol. Always room for improving! I'm about 226 at 15% BF and that's my hardest part is dropping that % age

Body dysmorphia is a thing. Everyone tells me I'm a big hulking guy and I see a skinny hard gainer lol. Always room for improving! I'm about 226 at 15% BF and that's my hardest part is dropping that % age

I feel the same way. Despite how much I gain I still feel incredibly small and scrawny.

I feel the same way. Despite how much I gain I still feel incredibly small and scrawny.

i feel exactly the same, when i was 205 i felt so tiny. now that after about 2 years I'm 265ish i still feel tiny. yea i don't have the 6 pack anymore but i have the size. its all in your head but it still gets to me....i have bigorexia that is without a doubt. I'm no where being small, but i still feel like i am tiny. I see guys who i know are half my size in the gym and for some reason i feel they are bigger. always seems to be the case....but when in doubt i just watch them do the 3 core lifts and it hits me that I'm no where near normal size or strength.

I used to be all about working out had 6 pack made sure to watch my diet but now with work and the house it's just so hard ... Whenever people would say it to be I would be like yea ok your just lazy ... I was wrong lol I still workout 4-5 days a week but in nowhere near what I was 2 years ago 4% body fat 5'9 148 benching 305 and doing more power ups than an most people can do push ups ... It does suck tho because I always compare myself to then and just don't even want to be at the gym

I used to be all about working out had 6 pack made sure to watch my diet but now with work and the house it's just so hard ... Whenever people would say it to be I would be like yea ok your just lazy ... I was wrong lol I still workout 4-5 days a week but in nowhere near what I was 2 years ago 4% body fat 5'9 148 benching 305 and doing more power ups than an most people can do push ups ... It does suck tho because I always compare myself to then and just don't even want to be at the gym

I know exactly what you mean. In college I had so much time but I didn't even realize it. I was squatting 6 times a week, Olympic weightlifting, and eating around 4000-4500 calories a day.

While I still try to go frequently I can only make it to the gym maybe 4 times a week... then there are times I cane make it for 2 weeks straight. :(

Also, I know it sucks comparing yourself to when you were in peak shape. There's no two ways about that. BUT as long as you're making an improvement from your current state, you're on the right path. :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Who has time to cut? lol seriously though a real pain in the ass, i do occasional fasted cardio in the morning. i love it but i am not a morning person so waking up early to get my cardio in sucks since I'm very cranky.

Oh i was the exact same, when i was younger i was very much so overweight, till i was like 16 or so really. I started powerlifting, and competing and that started the addiction but also the typical powerlifter diet....EAT EVERYTHING. So I built up some crazy strength but had 0 real use for it. I think the height weight i was at was 305 @20yp. I killed competitions but i was just a big fat dude, started cutting and counting macros then dropped and got pretty lean, sat at 205 or so for a while, then decieded I prefer the size and strength, maintaining at the 260-270 region, making gains always I don't plateau for more than a week or two.

in reality to me so long as someone is comfortable in their body then there shouldn't be a question about how they look.

its awesome you understand the other side to being cut, i feel it makes someone appreciate their body more.

Very much agree

I've never been a fan of fat burners so no. But Mr hyde is sooooo good

Yea I got a sample of it for free so figured what the hell ... I have never done cocaine but imagine this is what it would be like ... For all I know it's cocaine inside a pill ... No side effects really to speak of though so far which is surprising ... Will I buy it probably not but damn ... And yea mr.hyde is great for when you need to workout after a 12 hour shift

Oh I take Mr hyde on the reg. It's like crack - idk if I'm pumped for lifting days to lift or to take Mr hyde lol

Oh I take Mr hyde on the reg. It's like crack - idk if I'm pumped for lifting days to lift or to take Mr hyde lol

Ok me too but after the whole non fat burner comment I didn't wanna seem like the meth addict of the group ... One time i was drinking with my fiancé and some friends and I was dead tired from work ... Thought taking it would be a good pick me up ... No just no

Ok me too but after the whole non fat burner comment I didn't wanna seem like the meth addict of the group ... One time i was drinking with my fiancé and some friends and I was dead tired from work ... Thought taking it would be a good pick me up ... No just no

Mr hyde is good stuff but if I take to much it ruins my work out for me, I get way to jittery

No you're fine man I take Mr Hyde with BCAA's and glutamine right when I wake up in the morning and work out fasted.

just saw this one... good call!

Hadn't thought of breaking my thought process about my JK on the forum, but nicely done. My brain could use a break from the planning for a few! My workout plans have changed so much over the past 20 years, its ridiculous. I too have done CrossFit. It is a great program IMHO, but while it is very diverse I was ready to try new things after a while, just to mix it up. Muscle confusion though...awesome. So a friend of mine introduced me to the Horsemen Program. Its like a combination of several different programs tailored into a 4-month cycle. If you've never heard of it, Google that! It comes in a word doc. I've been doing this on and off for about 2 years. Still take breaks to just run with the wife or ride my bike with my fam, but for a serious kick in the pants, this is it! If you want a program that will literally floor you, this is it! If you are so inclined to investigate, check out the workout called "SMMF". Read thru and you may figure out what that stands for. Took me two days to finish it the first time: 3.5 hours the first day, 2 the second. Read and you'll understand...

Mr. Hyde, quintuple espresso...

Just read through the thread and a lot of comments on Mr. Hyde. No wonder you are getting a rush, it has 419 mg of caffeine. That is too much for me. I try to limit any pre-workout supps to 200mg caffeine. Unfortunately in many supps alot of the information is hidden in 'proprietary blend' info.

Just read through the thread and a lot of comments on Mr. Hyde. No wonder you are getting a rush, it has 419 mg of caffeine. That is too much for me. I try to limit any pre-workout supps to 200mg caffeine. Unfortunately in many supps alot of the information is hidden in 'proprietary blend' info.

Im an addict. 1 scoop in the am for leg dat with glutamine and bcaas. Then in the pm i take 1 scoop of hyde 1 of jekyll and do arm day for a siiiiccckkkk pump.

Thats just monday though. The rest are usually 1 a day.

Boom.

Damn dude! I made the mistake of taking a preworkout in the afternoon once...then didn't fall asleep until about 3 am. Was late for work and never did that again. Maybe I just haven't established a good tolerance but I'll stick to my NO3. Not sure what a good one is, but I just take the Arnold line from MP. Can't remember the name atm. Any other suggestions?

I have used c4 and animal products in the past. They do nothing for me now. Everyone is different, but I now just take a cup of black coffee as my preworkout and within a half hour use optimum nutrition whey. Other than that it's just low fat meats and tons of vegetables. Can't complain about performance. I've found that too complex of a diet and workout routine just increase your chances of failure and undesirable results, which in turn makes you give up. It helps my brother is a physical therapist and personal trainer.

Top Bottom