Jeepers who workout, weights and gym thread

Anyone else feel like they're addicted to working out?

I can walk into a gym with a large amount of stress but as soon as I grab that bar it seems the stress melts away. As I walk out of the gym, I normally have a stupid grin because I feel so good.

Am I crazy?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

^^^^ :thumbup::thumbup:

Napalm

Bumping this thread from a fellow lifter...

Big into Lifting/gaining, I hate doing any sort of cardio.

I weigh in about 187lbs, but would love to hit 200 of good lean muscle.

My fiance is a Crossfit instructor/personal trainer.

Jtmw

Bumping this thread from a fellow lifter...

Big into Lifting/gaining, I hate doing any sort of cardio.

I weigh in about 187lbs, but would love to hit 200 of good lean muscle.

My fiance is a Crossfit instructor/personal trainer.

If you're trying to gain weight avoid crossfit. I do NPC competitions for fun. Crossfit gets your heart rate way up for way too long. Not to say you wont develop muscle but putting on 13lbs is a pretty serious goal if you want it to be true lean muscle. Download Calorie Counter app from appstore/google tell it what you want, hit the calories each day and go into the details of the nutrition plan and it will calculate your macros for you. Hit those numbers everyday and Im SURE I'd see you on a stage in a year or two. :)

trailless

Caught the Bug
I haven't been to the gym or had a workout in 2 weeks... I think I forgot how the bar feels. :(

sparkymoffett

Tried crossfit several times now. GREAT workouts but alas, slight tears in the rotators.
Phys therapy and now doing kickboxing. Another GREAT workout. However, I NEED to get back into serious weights.
Oh the joys of being 40.

Napalm

If you're trying to gain weight avoid crossfit. I do NPC competitions for fun. Crossfit gets your heart rate way up for way too long. Not to say you wont develop muscle but putting on 13lbs is a pretty serious goal if you want it to be true lean muscle. Download Calorie Counter app from appstore/google tell it what you want, hit the calories each day and go into the details of the nutrition plan and it will calculate your macros for you. Hit those numbers everyday and Im SURE I'd see you on a stage in a year or two. :)

Oh you will hardly ever see me anywhere near anything Crossfit LOL. Despite her efforts she can't get me to do it with her, i've told her many times its just not what i am into for size.

I've been using an iphone app that has me eating about 3,000cal a day, it's just hard to get that many in, LOL.

Jtmw

Oh you will hardly ever see me anywhere near anything Crossfit LOL. Despite her efforts she can't get me to do it with her, i've told her many times its just not what i am into for size.

I've been using an iphone app that has me eating about 3,000cal a day, it's just hard to get that many in, LOL.

Haha, find a plan that works for you! For example, this winter I peaked right around 215lbs Im 5'10'' I was eating just shy of 10,000 calories a day. That sir is pretty hard to eat. I would basically sit down at an all you can eat sushi place here in town everyday for lunch and go. It is time to come back down, I'm sure i'll do a show in the summer. But I have seen substantial growth. You gotta pay to play, and you have to eat to grow!

sparkymoffett

^^ I hear ya!! Now that I'm working 2 jobs, getting a workout in is tough and eating has gone down the toilet. Going to buckle down and start training first thing in the morning before the full time gig.
Going to give the 300 workout a try in the garage. Should be quick 30 minutes or so. Then when I can (usually 2x week) I'll continue with the kickboxing or regular boxing.

Napalm

^^ I hear ya!! Now that I'm working 2 jobs, getting a workout in is tough and eating has gone down the toilet. Going to buckle down and start training first thing in the morning before the full time gig.
Going to give the 300 workout a try in the garage. Should be quick 30 minutes or so. Then when I can (usually 2x week) I'll continue with the kickboxing or regular boxing.

I'm blessed that my schedule being a professional FF gives me 24 hours on then 48 off. It gives me a lot of time to focus on the iron.

trailless

Caught the Bug

Clean 3000 calories is a lot of food! 3000 calories at chipotle is easy :D

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Clean 3000 calories is a lot of food! 3000 calories at chipotle is easy :D

I'm eating 3k (clean) its not to bad with 6-8 meals a day to spread it out. Right now the hardest bit to swallow is the grocery bill...

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Eating. I’m into eating. And being fat. That’s why I have a jeep; so I don’t have to hike.

Gonna use this as my sig, and possibly thinking about printing it on a T shirt/windshield banner...it's that good. Well done good sir.

Mitrig

It is all about the gainZzz! Eat well and get the needed rest. I'm no where near my old competition weight, spent the past few years bulking and focusing on strength and developing better motor skills. Last time I competed in a strong man open I was 205 now I'm sitting at 265+/- 5 lbs depending on if it is a refeed day.

Sweet to see so many active jeepers.

I have a lot of respect for NPC competitors, it's takes a lot of dedication.

JKWrang

I've been killing it in the gym lately. Beasting through plateaus and PRs all month. ProSupps Mr hyde ftw

Jtmw

It is all about the gainZzz! Eat well and get the needed rest. I'm no where near my old competition weight, spent the past few years bulking and focusing on strength and developing better motor skills. Last time I competed in a strong man open I was 205 now I'm sitting at 265+/- 5 lbs depending on if it is a refeed day.

Sweet to see so many active jeepers.

I have a lot of respect for NPC competitors, it's takes a lot of dedication.

Thanks man, spent my childhood super overweight. So I've now hit the other extreme. Once you get a taste of living the life and how it makes your body feel/work you never want to leave.

JKWrang

Thanks man, spent my childhood super overweight. So I've now hit the other extreme. Once you get a taste of living the life and how it makes your body feel/work you never want to leave.

Props to you man. I hate cutting

Mitrig

Props to you man. I hate cutting

Who has time to cut? lol seriously though a real pain in the ass, i do occasional fasted cardio in the morning. i love it but i am not a morning person so waking up early to get my cardio in sucks since I'm very cranky.

Oh i was the exact same, when i was younger i was very much so overweight, till i was like 16 or so really. I started powerlifting, and competing and that started the addiction but also the typical powerlifter diet....EAT EVERYTHING. So I built up some crazy strength but had 0 real use for it. I think the height weight i was at was 305 @20yp. I killed competitions but i was just a big fat dude, started cutting and counting macros then dropped and got pretty lean, sat at 205 or so for a while, then decieded I prefer the size and strength, maintaining at the 260-270 region, making gains always I don't plateau for more than a week or two.

in reality to me so long as someone is comfortable in their body then there shouldn't be a question about how they look.

its awesome you understand the other side to being cut, i feel it makes someone appreciate their body more.

Top Bottom