Jeepers who workout, weights and gym thread

A few months back my wife wanted a Concept2 rower... Concept & Rogue were months out on a waiting list.. So I thought, I’ll get a used one, how hard could it be... Fuck me.. It felt like I was buying illegal firearms on the black market... After weeks of dealing with some shady characters, I Finally got a barely used one with a $200 markup. I was packin when I made the purchase.. lol

Are you guys still using it? How are you liking it?

Another great rower option is waterrower. Have used them in the past and it’s the best one I have used to date IMO
One of my coworkers and I bought rowers at nearly the same time. He got the waterrower and I the concept2. He is now looking at getting a concept2 after a few years.

FFPulley77

Hooked
IMO Concept 2 is the only way to go. My buddy and I had a couple of them at his barn that we used to work out in. I loved that thing, wish I would’ve brought it with me when I moved to TX.

WJCO

Meme King
Broke my 3rd band this morning. Luckily every one that's broken, the force has been going away from me. I ain't buying these pieces of shit again. I don't remember where I got them, but they're all over online and most look the same, probably made in the same fauci factory. I've included a pic below. When I buy my next set, I'm definitely going to do some research. I honestly didn't research much the first time because I thought, 'It's just a fricking resistance band. They're all the same."

Anyone have any brand recommendations? I plan on getting a cable machine at some point, but in the meantime, bands do plenty if they're set up right. I do like the handles that came with the bands and haven't had any issues with those.

s-l1600.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Rather than get an entire new set of bands, I picked up one and am going to try it out. Found a brand called GoFit. Seems to be way better quality than the shitty other ones I have. If it holds up, I'll get an entire set. On top of that, while using it, it has much more appropriate resistance than the previous ones.

DSC00387.JPG

jlbanzet

Masters Weightlifter in Colorado Springs. Lift for Ong Weightlifting. Took 5th at nationals last year. Qualified for nationals again this year and PanAms are next.
Started out with Crossfit in Oklahoma. Got a rude awakening coming to Colorado altitude and doing CrossFit.

Attachments

• 7E8F786C-1BD7-4B23-BD4C-FFB132C32B1F.jpeg
    7E8F786C-1BD7-4B23-BD4C-FFB132C32B1F.jpeg
    245 KB · Views: 22
  • 11FCB2B4-885C-4168-B27F-3C4806EDA139.jpeg
    11FCB2B4-885C-4168-B27F-3C4806EDA139.jpeg
    869.7 KB · Views: 22
  • DD5E87C3-DC31-45D7-B9D4-609E0553478C.jpeg
    DD5E87C3-DC31-45D7-B9D4-609E0553478C.jpeg
    528.6 KB · Views: 22

WJCO

Meme King
Masters Weightlifter in Colorado Springs. Lift for Ong Weightlifting. Took 5th at nationals last year. Qualified for nationals again this year and PanAms are next.
Started out with Crossfit in Oklahoma. Got a rude awakening coming to Colorado altitude and doing CrossFit.
That's awesome. Congrats. I went from AZ to CO about 15ish years ago and I was really into fitness then. I could barely stay on the treadmill for five minutes, lol. Altitude is an asskicker when it's sudden like that.

jlbanzet

That's awesome. Congrats. I went from AZ to CO about 15ish years ago and I was really into fitness then. I could barely stay on the treadmill for five minutes, lol. Altitude is an asskicker when it's sudden like that.
No kidding! I thought I was a fire breather back closer to sea level. The altitude humbled me real quick. It’s been 1.5 years and I still don’t have the capacity I used to. Of course closing in on 40 probably isn’t helping either 😂

So how do you stop yourselves from lifting heavy? I've been at it for so long that I barely recall a day where something isn't tweaked to some degree. Lately I realized I tore my shoulder and that was fresh off trying to "recover" from my elbows being a mess. Shit, my left labrum feels like it's about to blow again and I still cant help myself..... this would be the 3rd time it tears if it finally decides to give up on me. Tried taking a month off recently to let everything relax but that lasted 3 weeks. Wifey was angry that I didn't wait the entire month. :sneaky:

jlbanzet

So how do you stop yourselves from lifting heavy? I've been at it for so long that I barely recall a day where something isn't tweaked to some degree. Lately I realized I tore my shoulder and that was fresh off trying to "recover" from my elbows being a mess. Shit, my left labrum feels like it's about to blow again and I still cant help myself..... this would be the 3rd time it tears if it finally decides to give up on me. Tried taking a month off recently to let everything relax but that lasted 3 weeks. Wifey was angry that I didn't wait the entire month. :sneaky:
Well you just have to commit to rest. It sucks, but the body needs ample time to really heal. Took 3 weeks off to heal a groin injury. Wasn’t enough time. Wound up needing to rest an additional 5 weeks. If I committed more time the first time around, it would have saved time in the long run.
Mesocycles is something to look into. Basically 3 weeks of work followed by one week of rest, starting light with lots of volume and working towards heavy with less volume. It will help prep the body for the heavy lifts so you can hit them safely. Going heavy non stop will just beat the body up.

Top Bottom