Jeepers who workout, weights and gym thread

Sharkey

Word Ninja
A few months back my wife wanted a Concept2 rower... Concept & Rogue were months out on a waiting list.. So I thought, I’ll get a used one, how hard could it be... Fuck me.. It felt like I was buying illegal firearms on the black market... After weeks of dealing with some shady characters, I Finally got a barely used one with a $200 markup. I was packin when I made the purchase.. lol

I had one and sold it two years ago. So pissed. I wish I still had it now that I am building a home gym.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I think I'm going to get one of these for Christmas.

View attachment 355865

Any of you guys have the Powerblock adjustable dumbbells or something comparable to that? I'm considering those as well but don't want to spend the money if they're pieces of shit.

Get a quality squat rack or 4 post power rack instead. Much more versatile and not much bigger of a foot print. Or if you strictly want it for a pull up bar. Then buy a simple pull up bar you secure to a joist.

IMG_6916.jpg .
Pull up bar, squat rack, safeties to bench press solo safely. And sky’s the limit of accessories. All from a good squat rack with standard posts and holes.

The dumbbells. Good if you really really don’t have the space. I don’t like adjustables only cause I enjoy going up the and down the line. And don’t want to dick around with turning a knob or locks.

WJCO

Meme King
Get a quality squat rack or 4 post power rack instead. Much more versatile and not much bigger of a foot print. Or if you strictly want it for a pull up bar. Then buy a simple pull up bar you secure to a joist.

Pull up bar, squat rack, safeties to bench press solo safely. And sky’s the limit of accessories. All from a good squat rack with standard posts and holes.

The dumbbells. Good if you really really don’t have the space. I don’t like adjustables only cause I enjoy going up the and down the line. And don’t want to dick around with turning a knob or locks.

Really want it just for pull ups and dips. The room is plenty big enough so I'm not worried about the footprint. It's got tall ceilings too. Eventually I'll add a full weight set and bench or maybe even a nice resistance machine. I used to have a lot more weight equipment but didn't use it so I sold it all. I don't want to go down that road again unless I'm sure I'm sticking with it more than previously. If I'm going to waste money on shit that doesn't get used, I'll just buy parts for the JT, lol.

WJCO

Meme King
Recently just gave 75 HARD a go. It was fucking hard. It was great....

I looked at this online when you told me about it. I haven't fully committed, lol. But I have been trying to drink a gallon of water a day. It's a lot harder than one would think.

I looked at this online when you told me about it. I haven't fully committed, lol. But I have been trying to drink a gallon of water a day. It's a lot harder than one would think.

lol
Yea man. Especially after a few days,weeks. It’s all time management to get through it. [emoji106]

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I have been trying to drink a gallon of water a day. It's a lot harder than one would think.

You think that is hard. Try drinking a gallon of milk in an hour or 4 saltines in 1 minute!

jesse3638

Hooked
You think that is hard. Try drinking a gallon of milk in an hour or 4 saltines in 1 minute!

I’ve done the gallon challenge twice. So dumb. One time I kept it in. The other time only made it a few minutes past one hour.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Try the 4-4-40. 4 quarts of water in 4 mins and keep it down for 40 seconds. Better puke it up or you can get hyponatremia.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Been trying to find one of these (yes, just a single) in stores now for about 4 months with no luck. I didn't want to order online because the shipping price is so extreme. My wife was at Chinatown this morning and saw one and called me to see if I wanted it. I said Yes! Finally. So she picked it up.

DSC09205.JPG

lol
All weights and home workout equipment is worth more than gold right now. It’s so funny. Shit that used to be sitting on a curb with a free sign is going for more than msrp on Craigslist now.

jesse3638

Hooked
lol
All weights and home workout equipment is worth more than gold right now. It’s so funny. Shit that used to be sitting on a curb with a free sign is going for more than msrp on Craigslist now.
So true. My coworker was showing me the process online the other day. Quality dumbell sets are going anywhere from $1.09-$2.10 per lb.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Not sure if anyone has done intermittent fasting, but I made a decision to try it on September 18th. I've been doing it almost every day now for 5 weeks and I've lost 20 pounds. I haven't lost much muscle mass at all. I've been making sure and eating plenty of protein during meal times. I still drink some alcohol once or twice a week and still eat a nice 'cheat' meal at least once a week but then I get right back in the routine for the following days. I have a long hour desk job and I've done little exercise although I know I should be doing more. I'm really surprised this 'fasting' thing has worked out as well as it has as I was very skeptical at first but wanted to get in better shape so I said "fuck it; let's try it." The last time I lost weight like this was 14 years ago and then I felt like I deprived myself and was tired all the time. With this current plan, I feel great. It took my body about 3 days to get used to it but since then I've felt better than I've felt in at least 5 years. As far as meal content, I'm just trying to cut out most sugars (including refined shit like in breads). Other than that I'm not really following any food plan. I plan on doing some weights again once I lose another 10 pounds or so.

If anyone is curious or has thought about this trendy 'intermittent fasting' thing, I'll be happy to answer any questions of what has or hasn't worked for me.

So an update. I'm at 6 months now and have lost 40 pounds total. I lost 30 pounds in about 3 months. The 3 months after have been much slower as far as weight loss. I'm still working out 1-2 times per week and eating heavy with quality for 2 days after workouts. I still fast 4 days a week (16 hour fasts). My alcohol intake has increased in the last month which is probably part of the slow weight loss recently. At the same time, I don't have much more fat to lose. I'm still really happy with the overall results. I'm planning on really going strong for the next month with still fasting, quality protein intake and training, and less alcohol. I'm still pretty blown away how well the fasting has worked. Along with that, energy, mental sharpness, quality of life, sleep, etc has been awesome.

Slimebones

So an update. I'm at 6 months now and have lost 40 pounds total. I lost 30 pounds in about 3 months. The 3 months after have been much slower as far as weight loss. I'm still working out 1-2 times per week and eating heavy with quality for 2 days after workouts. I still fast 4 days a week (16 hour fasts). My alcohol intake has increased in the last month which is probably part of the slow weight loss recently. At the same time, I don't have much more fat to lose. I'm still really happy with the overall results. I'm planning on really going strong for the next month with still fasting, quality protein intake and training, and less alcohol. I'm still pretty blown away how well the fasting has worked. Along with that, energy, mental sharpness, quality of life, sleep, etc has been awesome.

Good to hear that is working out for you. Great results. Must feel great.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug

If you find that youve hit the wall but still want to drop another 5 or so pounds; do 4 weeks of low carb with the intermittent fasting. It sucks balls, and you’ll feel tired AF, but it will provide the spark needed. Less than 100g per day would be the target number.

WJCO

Meme King
If you find that youve hit the wall but still want to drop another 5 or so pounds; do 4 weeks of low carb with the intermittent fasting. It sucks balls, and you’ll feel tired AF, but it will provide the spark needed. Less than 100g per day would be the target number.

Good info. I'll keep that in mind. It's pretty crazy how the body adapts (survival mode) as we're trying to lose weight.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Good info. I'll keep that in mind. It's pretty crazy how the body adapts (survival mode) as we're trying to lose weight.

Yup, survival mode is the killer.

I tend to over indulge in the double IPAs over winter and become sedentary so I typically have 10-15 pounds that I want to drop come spring.

I do a 12 week routine:

4 weeks with 500 cal deficit
4 weeks with 500 cal deficit + intermittent fast
4 weeks 500 deficit, IF, + Low Carb

It keeps the body from adapting.

WJCO

Meme King
Yup, survival mode is the killer.

I tend to over indulge in the double IPAs over winter and become sedentary so I typically have 10-15 pounds that I want to drop come spring.

I do a 12 week routine:

4 weeks with 500 cal deficit
4 weeks with 500 cal deficit + intermittent fast
4 weeks 500 deficit, IF, + Low Carb

It keeps the body from adapting.

Finding a balance is definitely delicate to keep the body from adapting to calories, while maintaining/building muscle and still losing fat. This is where I'm at now. I've still got fat to burn but calories have gotten low enough that I don't want to go any lower. I'm still progressing positively but over the last month or so, I've had to really experiment with some trial and error to see what works best.

Top Bottom