Jeep Troubles JL

jezreelb

Hey guys, just wanted to get other people's opinions on how I could get my Jeep to ride smoother and closer to factory built.

I have a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with modifications:

4" zone lift kit
35" BF Goodrich TA
Teraflex spacer 0.5"
Fox Steering stabilizer

Once I did all these modifications, my ride quality just got worse and feels too tough to ride on. I got too much sway when I turn, and its just too uncomfortable to drive.

jezreelb

Get rid of those shit components and get something quality. Zone is about the worst quality kit you could buy for a Jeep. Also, if your kit didn’t come with control arms you’ll want those too.
Thanks for your response! What lift springs do you recommend?

duktrx

I usually just drive on paved roads, no off-roading at all! So my theory was to fill it that much into the tire.
I have 35" BFG KO2s when I did a chalk test to check for tread contact I found 27 psi to be perfect. 90% of time I'm on pavement.

CalSgt

Hooked
I usually just drive on paved roads, no off-roading at all! So my theory was to fill it that much into the tire.
I have 35" BFG KO2s when I did a chalk test to check for tread contact I found 27 psi to be perfect. 90% of time I'm on pavement.
^^^^ This

Factory Jeep recommend tire pressure is way higher than needed for safe operation on most tires. They do this for fuel efficiency reasons and their EPA compliance requirements.

Also a lot of the oversized tires are 8-10 ply rated truck tires and usually have a stiffer sidewall.

letting a little air out will allow them to absorb more shock.

AZDIESELPIG

I have a 3.5" TeraFlex Alpine Long Arm and it rides great - with Falcon 2.0 shocks.

I do not really notice much difference over the stock ride - I did test it on the freeway at 90mph on 37s and was really impressed how it handled and rode -

I know this is not a Teraflex site - but let be honest - they make a quality product. I had their lift on my JK as well.

20230329_154615.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have a 3.5" TeraFlex Alpine Long Arm and it rides great - with Falcon 2.0 shocks.

I do not really notice much difference over the stock ride - I did test it on the freeway at 90mph on 37s and was really impressed how it handled and rode -

I know this is not a Teraflex site - but let be honest - they make a quality product. I had their lift on my JK as well.

View attachment 388747
Lol

jeeeep

Hooked
Hey guys, just wanted to get other people's opinions on how I could get my Jeep to ride smoother and closer to factory built.

I have a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with modifications:

4" zone lift kit
35" BF Goodrich TA
Teraflex spacer 0.5"
Fox Steering stabilizer

Once I did all these modifications, my ride quality just got worse and feels too tough to ride on. I got too much sway when I turn, and its just too uncomfortable to drive.
that's a lot of lift for 35's, for your daily pavement use all you really need is a 2"-2.5" lift.

You can get something that uses your factory components to keep the stock ride feel.

I've used Synergy, Rancho, AEV, Clayton, EVO, IMO all had good rides, but that's very subjective.

Top Bottom