Jabberjaw

Sharkman may I suggest...
Adjustments.jpg .
Adjustments.jpg .

I’m actually kinda digging it. No way I would ever do it because I need a truck bed. But if I had a second truck I’d strongly consider something like this.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As much as I wanted to keep the bed empty for a while, I think I’m going to have to pull the trigger on the decked system sooner rather than later.

It won't give you the kind of storage space that a camper shell will give you but I've been pretty happy with the Decked system. If nothing else, it makes it a lot easier to keep and carry stuff safe and secure and accessing that stuff pretty easy.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
It won't give you the kind of storage space that a camper shell will give you but I've been pretty happy with the Decked system. If nothing else, it makes it a lot easier to keep and carry stuff safe and secure and accessing that stuff pretty easy.

That’s what I’m thinking too. I’m pretty sure it would give me enough locked storage for the stuff I want to carry all the time while still allowing me to use the bed.

I’d love to come check out your JT at some point so I can get a better feel for the setup.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

After a year or so now are you still seeing good sealing? How is it with dust?

Brute

Hooked
Any idea if the floor is flat under the rear seat/ storage box? I had a thought of if I get a JT instead of a JL that I’d pull the rear seat out completely and mount a fridge in between two bucket seats. Dunno if it’s feasible though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I thought about that with Brute...it wasn’t feasible. I measured many different bucket seats, none would allow space for a 50qt fridge in between...I ended up removing the short seat and attaching the fridge to a frame...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s what I’m thinking too. I’m pretty sure it would give me enough locked storage for the stuff I want to carry all the time while still allowing me to use the bed.

I’d love to come check out your JT at some point so I can get a better feel for the setup.

Well, I should be home this week if you have time to come by. Just let me know.

After a year or so now are you still seeing good sealing? How is it with dust?

Honestly, it's doing well. Water is definitely not an issue and even dust is less than what I see in Moby after wheeling with the top and half door uppers on. I think the air flow of a pickup bed prevents it from making its way into the drawers.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Here is the locking underseat box. It’s pretty cool, just not as big as I would like.

IMG_6986.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The locking box is starting to grow on me a bit. I’m just having to reorganize and reprioritize some of the shit I have.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Wow. There's a lot more room without it. The plastic barrier that takes it's place allows for more under seat room. Here's a comparison picture:

View attachment 360121

The plastic lid and sides eat up some room, but the trade off is some locking storage that is dust free.

IMG_6987.jpg
IMG_6988.jpg

I need to get a bottle jack and ditch the stock one.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
The plastic lid and sides eat up some room, but the trade off is some locking storage that is dust free.

I need to get a bottle jack and ditch the stock one.

If you’re not going repurpose the space the jack occupies, I’d just leave it.

I had an issue a couple months back where my front locker absolutely would not disengage. I ended up having to get the front tires off the ground, remove the fill plug, and manually disengage the locker. Having a bottle jack for one corner and a scissor jack for the other came in handy.

Top Bottom