Its Finally Here, LoD Jeep JK Patent Pending Roof Rack!!!

I've said it on other forums, but each time I see this I really hope they make it work with the Ursa Minor J30 Pop top tent. It would be a fantastic combo! Even if the original's too short to clear the tent, the bolt together design may make it easier to fabricate the parts needed to clear the J30.

When I saw this, I was thinking it could be modified to fit the JK Habitat or J180. You would basically need the same alterations to fit these flip tops as you would the J30 pop top: make the mounting frame so it will fit over a top that's about 6" taller, and possibly extend the track to the rear a few inches so the rack will clear the tent when you open it. None of those camper tops are cheep though... if you can afford one, you can probably afford to have them modify the rack for you too.

And here's a crazy thought: put a couple ARB awnings on either side of the rack and the Jeep itself. That would give you a nice big covered area when you go to camp for the night.

LōD Offroad;398531 said:
We are actually doing a production run on the racks right now, Northridge 4X4 will be doing a presale on the racks and will have pricing here shortly!

I would be more than happy to do a field test for you. The rack will match my front and rear bumpers and signature sliders.;)

Northridge 4x4 is doing a presale on the rack right now any you can always give us a call with any questions and we will be more than happy to help out!

LoD

Newest Pics of the Rack

Here are the newest pics of the rack

Attachments

• JKR1001 Top View web.jpg
    JKR1001 Top View web.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 246
  • MA8A0202.jpg
    MA8A0202.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 249
  • MA8A0207.jpg
    MA8A0207.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 249
  • MA8A9993.jpg
    MA8A9993.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 251
  • Panoramic web.jpg
    Panoramic web.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 252
  • Rack Open View web.jpg
    Rack Open View web.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 245
LōD Offroad;405795 said:
Here are the newest pics of the rack

That rack looks amazing! I'd love to see it in person. :thumb:

Any idea how hard it would be to modify the rear attachment points to work with EVO rear skins?

That rack looks amazing! I'd love to see it in person. :thumb:

Any idea how hard it would be to modify the rear attachment points to work with EVO rear skins?

I think the EVO tire carrier would be in the way, but maybe you could cut to bottom off the LoD bars and mount them to the top of the tire carrier's corner mounts.

I think the EVO tire carrier would be in the way, but maybe you could cut to bottom off the LoD bars and mount them to the top of the tire carrier's corner mounts.

Time for a plasma cutter I guess. :crazyeyes:

LōD Offroad;409645 said:
UPDATE: For those asking about the install, we have the install instructions listed on our site now! The link is below the the Roof rack page and the install instructions are right above the photo gallery icon. If any one has any questions let us know and we will be happy to help out!

http://www.lodoffroad.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16251&cat=309&page=1

Awesome!! I really like the gif animation as well. Really does a great job of showing how it works. :thumb:

That is a very cool setup. Being able to slide that open is awesome, but being able to slide it with 300 pounds on it is very impressive.

That is an over the top feature for what seems to be the going rate for a roof rack.

Do you have any pics with a hard top and your new rack? I'd like to see how that looks too, since I'll only be able to have the soft top on for a couple months each summer.

I'm on the verge of buying a roof rack am I have been stuck on the gobi, but this is sweet. Serious question though, why this over the gobi? It holds 200 less pounds than the gobi, which I feel like would be very handy.

I'm on the verge of buying a roof rack am I have been stuck on the gobi, but this is sweet. Serious question though, why this over the gobi? It holds 200 less pounds than the gobi, which I feel like would be very handy.

We rate it at 600 lbs in the static load or not moving load, can it hold more, YES without a problem! We rate it that way because unfortunately whatever we rate it at someone will inevitably double the load on it and put 1200lbs on it, We have read posts of people doing it on the forums to other racks. More than likely we will increase it to 800 lbs here soon, or maybe (801 lbs) :). We have been driving it around with 500 lbs on it, for testing, but we only rate it at 300lbs. Just as in industry you always should always put you rating lower than the product can handle, because someone, somewhere will easily more than double it!

With that being said, why this rack? Well it allows fast easy access to the top (you don't have to remove your cargo then unbolt and then tilt the rack backwards just to take the soft top down or up, and then do it all in reverse and put all your gear back on the rack and restrap it down), allows easy and quick removal of the hard top panels and the hard top, creates an awning when open, holds LED Light bars in different locations on the front mount, is Extremely sturdy with our high mounting locations in the back and doesn't have rubber pads that you have to screw into the side of the body just to try to keep it sturdy like the competition has to do, adjustable bars on the floor, tons of holes to strap down cargo and finally, it looks cool :)
If you have any questions we will do our absolute best to help you out in any way! This rack is very nice and has taken months to perfect and is not easy or cheap to make by any means, I don't think anyone will be disappointed!

Thanks!!!

LōD Offroad;413908 said:
We rate it at 600 lbs in the static load or not moving load, can it hold more, YES without a problem! We rate it that way because unfortunately whatever we rate it at someone will inevitably double the load on it and put 1200lbs on it, We have read posts of people doing it on the forums to other racks. More than likely we will increase it to 800 lbs here soon, or maybe (801 lbs) :). We have been driving it around with 500 lbs on it, for testing, but we only rate it at 300lbs. Just as in industry you always should always put you rating lower than the product can handle, because someone, somewhere will easily more than double it!

With that being said, why this rack? Well it allows fast easy access to the top (you don't have to remove your cargo then unbolt and then tilt the rack backwards just to take the soft top down or up, and then do it all in reverse and put all your gear back on the rack and restrap it down), allows easy and quick removal of the hard top panels and the hard top, creates an awning when open, holds LED Light bars in different locations on the front mount, is Extremely sturdy with our high mounting locations in the back and doesn't have rubber pads that you have to screw into the side of the body just to try to keep it sturdy like the competition has to do, adjustable bars on the floor, tons of holes to strap down cargo and finally, it looks cool :)
If you have any questions we will do our absolute best to help you out in any way! This rack is very nice and has taken months to perfect and is not easy or cheap to make by any means, I don't think anyone will be disappointed!

Thanks!!!

Sounds good to me! Thanks!

Top Bottom