In The Shop - Disciple Off Road

Started on this Genright JK weld-in cage with Chad. The fun part of cutting and prepping.

IMG_1908.jpeg
IMG_1910_jpg.jpeg
IMG_1925_jpg.jpeg

They usually have you keep the old portion of the cage in the rear and just have you cap it with a plastic plug they provide. Definitely didn’t like that idea so we drilled out the spot welds to remove and will weld up all the holes. Think it will look way cleaner and not look unfinished.

IMG_1905.jpeg
IMG_1906.jpeg

Looks awesome can’t wait to see the finished product. Hopefully they’ll release one for the JT eventually
I do know the JL version is way more involved lol would be cool to have a JT version.
It’s a ton of work but it’s a rad cage. I’ve done a few now and I’m always amazed at just how big of a job it is.
Yeah definitely tedious. Like big kid legos though so should be fun.

JT@623

Hooked
Started on this Genright JK weld-in cage with Chad. The fun part of cutting and prepping.

View attachment 399272
View attachment 399273
View attachment 399274

They usually have you keep the old portion of the cage in the rear and just have you cap it with a plastic plug they provide. Definitely didn’t like that idea so we drilled out the spot welds to remove and will weld up all the holes. Think it will look way cleaner and not look unfinished.

View attachment 399275
View attachment 399276
Looking forward to the finished product 👍

Spazbyt

Hooked
Removing the rear cage mounts is brilliant! You are 100% right, leaving them there looks rough.
I struggled to get the A-pillar trim to look clean so I made trim pieces. @TonyT recommended dash end caps made by Denton Racing in Phoenix and they worked out great. Genright could sell an upgraded trim kit that could resolve a lot of those issues.

Before trim
20220902_173606.jpg
After trim. On the drive side I have a cutout for the microphone.
20220902_173635.jpg

20220901_185751.jpg

Removing the rear cage mounts is brilliant! You are 100% right, leaving them there looks rough.
I struggled to get the A-pillar trim to look clean so I made trim pieces. @TonyT recommended dash end caps made by Denton Racing in Phoenix and they worked out great. Genright could sell an upgraded trim kit that could resolve a lot of those issues.

Before trim
View attachment 399286
After trim. On the drive side I have a cutout for the microphone.
View attachment 399287

View attachment 399288
Man that looks great. I’ll definitely look into this for sure , thank you! Trimming plastics is always a complete pain.

Top Bottom