Hotsprings ORV park Feb 6-7

BamBamDeer

The good thing about having 2 is you always have a spare.....

I couldn't build 2. One will keep me broke. I was told one time..."It's good to want, it builds character." I have been building character most of my life. I think that's what I enjoy about Jeeps....they are never finished....

Eezybreezy08

I love jeeps. Had one when I was 18, then I kinda got into the truck and bronco scene, but I always missed my jeep and I was extremely happy when I could get another. I still have plenty more years of paying on both of them but they sure are fun. It's like I keep saying... One day we will have these jeeps set up the way we want. My wife thinks I'm lying hahaha

BamBamDeer

I started out with a Jeepster...wish I still had it. Then a CJ...TJ...2011 Jk and now my 2016 JKU. My daughter has been watching Eddie's clips on his Renny so we are going to look next week. That is probably what she will get. I like the idea of her having 4wd when she goes to College. For now..we are just looking though.

I can't wrench like I use to due to a car wreck...and getting a little long in the tooth. I enjoy wheeling more than ever. I was always in too much of a hurry to enjoy everything around me. Now I have slowed down and enjoy just touring through the country. We went out yesterday evening and had a blast in the Arkansas River Bottoms.

Attachments

• 1454655144227.jpg
    1454655144227.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 17

Eezybreezy08

Heck yea that looks like fun. I dread the day I have to start buying vehicles for the kids. Hopefully they will want jeeps and I will go by them an old one for 4000$ or something cheap like that and be done with it. Then tell them to work so they can buy all the modifications there selves ha

BamBamDeer

I gave my daughter a 1986 Ford Ranger 4wd I had bought new. She will be going off to College and buying her a new vehicle is really a selfish move on my part....one less thing to worry about...lol.

She takes my rig down to the bottoms with her friends. She loves mud. She hunts with a longbow and it looks like she will have her pick of several Basketball scholarships. She has grown fast...but still seems so young.

I have an old stagecoach trail on my place. The river bottoms are about 4 miles off along with Short Mountain. Nothing too extreme but it is fun.

We would love to have you and your family come visit sometime. There are several trails here in the county....plenty of scenery....lots of history...and I tend to talk a lot....lol. I am working pt after retirement and travel quite a bit but come July I am slowing down and will have lots of time.

I am a history fan and have been all over the county. Love to look for arrowheads. ...I have a pretty good collection.

Eezybreezy08

I might have to take you up on that offer later on. I haven't been in some real mud in some time. We have some places out here like the Covington pike river bottoms. But there is some holes out there that will swallow my jeep that you won't be able to see the top.
As far as retirement goes, I have a long way to go for that. Wish I would've stayed in the marines. I would've been half way there to retiring by now ha.
I like it out there in Arkansas. A lot of fun things to do out doors out there. I love my Tennessee too, but you have to drive clean across the state to find some good rock crawling trails, where as I'm in Memphis, so all I have to do is cross the bridge and I'm 2-3 hours to anywhere fun in Arkansas. Even canoeing down spring river is a blast. Just not on the 4th ha

BamBamDeer

One of my favorite places is Disney, Ok. Real good rock crawling with trails from easy to insane. It is about 100 miles N.W. Then Clayton is South about the same. I have been there a couple of times but like Disney better.

Hot Springs is about 3hrs. We try to go somewhere every weekend and usually hit the local trails 2-3 xs per week. The local trails I have been running since my teen years. There are some of those mud holes here too...I found them many years ago. I had a local farmer that told me to stop by his house when I was going to the bottoms so he could check on me before night fall. His old tractor pulled me put many times.

We had bad flooding a couple of weeks ago and we got into some pretty deep sand yesterday that had been left by the flood. Made for some excitement. ...I was in it before I realized it. A couple of times I had that feeling that if it got much deeper we were walking.

I have one trail up north I want to run out. It is back in the boonies...no cell service. Before I was old enough to drive our folks would drop us off up there after school Friday and pick us up Sat afternoon so we could hunt the area. Things were so much different then. This trail snakes through the hills and ends up back to the Hwy after about 10 miles. There is one creek crossing...shallow most of the time. I went up a couple of weeks ago but we were by ourselves so I didn't run past the creek. I haven't run it through in 30 yrs. I bet I do before long though...lol.

My Wife is excited about Hot Springs. I will be making a good batch of Deer Jerky for the trail. We are planning on steaks, burgers and hot dogs and will be bringing a lot. I enjoy cooking almost as much as eating.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Hmmm, may have to try and go with you guys. Depends on whats goin on. Ive wanted to go to Hot Springs for a long time now and play.

BamBamDeer

I am in Sallisaw so we could meet up. We usually go through the Ouachita Mountains to go down that way .....it is a little longer or we can hit 71S. Either way is good with us. We are right on I-40.

BamBamDeer

I ought to be a little clearer...we usually go down to Poteau and cut across to go that direction. The scenery is great. It is still nice taking 71 out of Fort Smith. It is a little quicker....less twists and turns. ...but it still has plenty. Both ways go through pretty country.

Eezybreezy08

I'm glad y'all have the nice drive. I don't have nothing but that long stretch of i40 and flat land coming from where I am

Eezybreezy08

I wonder if we need to start a new thread with the new date since we couldn't make it to the February run. Plus we still haven't heard from the fellow that started this thread anyways. They must have gotten pretty bad sick from what he was saying. Hopefully they are getting better

BamBamDeer

Sounds like a good idea. I hope they get better soon. There is a lot of bad stuff creeping around now. Hopefully they are better by now.

When you start it I will Subscribe to it.

BamBamDeer

Coop9779....I hope you and your girlfriend are feeling better. I am getting my turn now.

Best wishes for a quick recovery

coop9779

Hey guys! Feeling better! April 8-10 sounds good to me! Will probably try and go February 19-21 also. Won't make a trip in March. I'll be getting the next round of upgrades installed and heading to Moab.

From 2003-2009 I spent at least one weekend a month at the ORV park in hotsprings so I know most of the trails up there. We went the weekend after thanksgiving and had a blast! It rained the h
Whole time but was still fun and it was my girlfriend's first trip. She is hooked now!

Top Bottom