Hot Springs ORV Park April 8-10

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Not much to a CB install; power wire, ground wire, and coax cable for the antennae. Now, I know nothing about tuning one. I do know you want your antennae grounded well. Other than that it is just hiding the wires. Which if you mount it with the Rugged Ridge one, I would just run them behind all of the plastic trim and either to the battery or the fuse block. You want to be mindful of where you hook it up as if you hook it directly to the battery, you will need to remember to shut it off when the vehicle isn't running. So I usually try to hook them up to something that only gets power when the ignition is on.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
That's right. Hahaha. I'm far from that. I also have to try and figure out how to hook up a winch if I get that to. I'm sure that will have my head scratching. To

Winch is same way, positive wire and a negative wire. Usually hook them directly to the battery as they like a lot of juice. Just be mindful of where you run your wires so that the insulation wont get cut or chaffed and they end up touching metal. You can also wire a ON/OFF switch inline but make sure it is big enough to handle the power of the winch or you will burn up the switch.

coop9779

I have a Columbia tent and LOVE it!! I've had it for about 5 years now.

I have this air bed

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-Queen-Dura-Beam-Airbed-with-Pump/33563031

It requires power to inflate it but I have an inverter in my jeep so its not a problem. I just run an extension cord from the jeep to the tent.

I also have a heater for the cold nights and a 110v AC unit that iinstalls in the tent for the hot summer nights..:yup: HAHA everyone picks at me about that but hey I'm comfortable!!!:rock:

swampdog

I have a Columbia tent and LOVE it!! I've had it for about 5 years now.

I have this air bed

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-Queen-Dura-Beam-Airbed-with-Pump/33563031

It requires power to inflate it but I have an inverter in my jeep so its not a problem. I just run an extension cord from the jeep to the tent.

I also have a heater for the cold nights and a 110v AC unit that iinstalls in the tent for the hot summer nights..:yup: HAHA everyone picks at me about that but hey I'm comfortable!!!:rock:

I have the same air bed and that thing is about 24" thick. I was shocked when I inflated it the first time. Sit up in the tent on that bed and your head is near the peak of the tent, haha.

Napalm

Are you guys going to have an easy group doing 1-3 level trails?

This park is only about 3 hours away.

BamBamDeer

I am not going too radical. I want to be challenged but I don't want to take on something I don't have equipment for.

Go with us. From what I understand there will be trails of all levels. I am about 3hrs off as well.

Uncle Jimmy

Actually you don't need to ground the antenna.... The CB will be grounded already when you hook it up.... Only time too ground your antenna is when your running a linear amp for more audio output (think radio station).... It's just for the trails,1-2 miles max.... Not the next country! It will all work out when you get it installed.... And if you want too make it even easier get a 12 volt CB plug and then not worry about running or crossing wires, just plug it in and go!

Cheers!

Napalm

I am not going too radical. I want to be challenged but I don't want to take on something I don't have equipment for.

Go with us. From what I understand there will be trails of all levels. I am about 3hrs off as well.

Cool. Let me play around with the calendar and see what I can do! Thanks.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

Looking around at videos I would want to do some 2-4 level trails but not opposed to 1-3 if that's the majority of the group. I'm not new to wheeling or jeeps but haven't wheeled much in the four doors so I'm still learning it. I also will need to drive it the 5 1/2 hour ride back home, so don't care to do much if any damage to it. I also don't care to go by myself on the level 4s and leave the group. Would rather stay together.

Eezybreezy08

Honestly I think we will mainly stay in the 1-3. I have done a few 4 by accident and one one purpose and those ones weren't that bad. And believe me, there is a lot of 3 that can be pretty challenging to. But I think it will be a great time, so come on. We won't leave anyone behind

Eezybreezy08

Looking around at videos I would want to do some 2-4 level trails but not opposed to 1-3 if that's the majority of the group. I'm not new to wheeling or jeeps but haven't wheeled much in the four doors so I'm still learning it. I also will need to drive it the 5 1/2 hour ride back home, so don't care to do much if any damage to it. I also don't care to go by myself on the level 4s and leave the group. Would rather stay together.

The 2 trails are just pretty fun to ride on cause it is so up and down in the mountains out there. 3s definitely start getting more challenging. my jeep being pretty stock, except for tires and gear with a little 2.5 bb lift, the 3s are pretty fun. Like I said in earlier post, I've done some 4. So I'm sure we can do some of them to. Let everyone be able to experience a little of it all. Plus, you will be amazed out how far you think you have driven, when really we are right on top of the center of the park. It's something like 1100 acres but we are never really that far off. So we can take breaks back at camp after doing trails if everyone wants

BamBamDeer

I like to get out of my comfort zone. That's what I think is so fun about the runs. I am up for anything I can do if my Rig is up to it. I wouldn't want you to spend all day Babysitting me....lol

BamBamDeer

The 2 trails are just pretty fun to ride on cause it is so up and down in the mountains out there. 3s definitely start getting more challenging. my jeep being pretty stock, except for tires and gear with a little 2.5 bb lift, the 3s are pretty fun. Like I said in earlier post, I've done some 4. So I'm sure we can do some of them to. Let everyone be able to experience a little of it all. Plus, you will be amazed out how far you think you have driven, when really we are right on top of the center of the park. It's something like 1100 acres but we are never really that far off. So we can take breaks back at camp after doing trails if everyone wants

I don't want to "wish my life away" but I can't wait!

Eezybreezy08

I'm sure we will blink and it will be time to go. And I'll still be trying to do whatever I need to do to get ready to go ha

BamBamDeer

I'm sure we will blink and it will be time to go. And I'll still be trying to do whatever I need to do to get ready to go ha

I think the planning is a big part of the excitement. I have to sit down and figure what my priorities are. I enjoy the plotting and planning and it keeps me out of my Wife's hair.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Honestly I think we will mainly stay in the 1-3. I have done a few 4 by accident and one one purpose and those ones weren't that bad. And believe me, there is a lot of 3 that can be pretty challenging to. But I think it will be a great time, so come on. We won't leave anyone behind

I like to get out of my comfort zone. That's what I think is so fun about the runs. I am up for anything I can do if my Rig is up to it. I wouldn't want you to spend all day Babysitting me....lol

Oh I'm down for whatever. Hell just gettin offroad and pullin that lever back will do me some good. I enjoy it all. Specially naked. [emoji16][emoji106] the jeep that is. Not me. Lol.

coop9779

I'll ride any of the trails.. 1's 2's 3's 4's 5's doesn't matter to me. I typically spend most of my time on 3-5's but I'll run 1's and 2's

BamBamDeer

Fire wood can be purchased at the park office/store and so can ice. We will be tent camping as well.

I'm going up there this weekend so if you guys have any questions or something particular you want to know I can find out for you.

I am looking forward to hearing about your weekend!

Top Bottom