Hot Springs ORV Park April 8-10

Eezybreezy08

I promise, I'm not the one to educate. I don't know crap. I just like going and pray that I don't tear anything up ha. But it's fun. A lot of fun. Maybe one day I will have my jeep fixed up like the rest of these folks on here but until then I just do what I can with what I have. I still have 3 more years of paying on both these jeeps ha

BamBamDeer

I promise, I'm not the one to educate. I don't know crap. I just like going and pray that I don't tear anything up ha. But it's fun. A lot of fun. Maybe one day I will have my jeep fixed up like the rest of these folks on here but until then I just do what I can with what I have. I still have 3 more years of paying on both these jeeps ha

I have already learned from you and appreciate your willingness to answer questions.

Eezybreezy08

It really will be nice if I do get some tax money, cause if I do, the wife said that I can drop some into our jeeps. After the Florida trip is paid for of course ha. Do you think you will have some new stuff on by the time we make it there to?

BamBamDeer

I think so. I set an account up for when I break something and have stayed out of it so far....believe me...this is what you call self control...lol. Whatever I have or haven't I am going to have as good time as if I was wheeling the Biggest, Baddest Rig out there....lol.

We are planning to build a new house this year so with furniture and all the little things I have to buy so I can live in the real house...not the dog house.....will slow me down a bit. That is good though. It gives me a chance to see other people wheel and what works and what doesn't. I imagine it will save me time in the long run.

When I bought this Jeep the intentions were hunting and fishing. My Wife and Girls got involved in wheeling with me and now even they are going through catalogs looking....lol.

Best wishes and I hope the Tax Man brings you everything you want....but if you are like me you will just want more....lol

Eezybreezy08

Ain't that the truth. Can never get enough tax money back especially when it comes to jeep money hahaha. I have to buy stuff for my wife's jeep to keep her interested. She's gonna have her jeep there to. So we will do some extremely easy stuff just so she can learn to start driving until she gets more confident. I wish I had the patience with her to be a good teacher. I have a lot to work on that with myself hahaha. But it's always good when you have everyone in the family that likes doing the jeep wheeling. So everyone can be involved. This will be the first time that I can take my baby on a few easy trails haha

Uncle Jimmy

Hey all... I would like to throw in my 2 cents about the CB's.... I would like to suggest Cobra CB's and Francis Antennas.... These are basically plug and play... And the 25 LTD from cobra is very well built for off-road use.... I used one while working in the oil field in Texas and it never failed me!

As for the antenna I suggested, it's a fiber glass rod type and is very rugged and will bend over like a fishing pole before breaking.... With this radio and antenna combo you'll be happy with it and never have to worry about it....

I would also like to suggest getting an external speaker for it.... The stock built in is okay but not very clear.

Here a list of what I think would be more or less the best bang for your buck...

-COBRA 25 LTD
-FRANCIS 4ft. Antenna
-Standard antenna mount and stud
-18ft coax cable
-Decent external speaker

All of this should be about $200....
Shop around you might find everything a lot cheaper.... The above figure is based off buying everything at a truck stop.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers!!!

BamBamDeer

Hey all... I would like to throw in my 2 cents about the CB's.... I would like to suggest Cobra CB's and Francis Antennas.... These are basically plug and play... And the 25 LTD from cobra is very well built for off-road use.... I used one while working in the oil field in Texas and it never failed me!

As for the antenna I suggested, it's a fiber glass rod type and is very rugged and will bend over like a fishing pole before breaking.... With this radio and antenna combo you'll be happy with it and never have to worry about it....

I would also like to suggest getting an external speaker for it.... The stock built in is okay but not very clear.

Here a list of what I think would be more or less the best bang for your buck...

-COBRA 25 LTD
-FRANCIS 4ft. Antenna
-Standard antenna mount and stud
-18ft coax cable
-Decent external speaker

All of this should be about $200....
Shop around you might find everything a lot cheaper.... The above figure is based off buying everything at a truck stop.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers!!!

Thanks for the input....it is really appreciated.

Eezybreezy08

I appreciate the input to. I heard the firestick was real good antenna but I will follow up with some research on your suggestion. I like learning when it comes to all of this

Uncle Jimmy

Only reason I suggested the Francis is because it's pretty forgiving if you smack something with it and you don't have too do anything except mount it and hook up the CB to it... No tuning required!

Like I said its plug n' play!

Cheers!

BamBamDeer

The easier the better for me. I can mess almost anything up....

My biggest problem would be the install. Where would you suggest mounting it in the JKU?

Eezybreezy08

Ha, well if they do let me know. I hope they don't try to pull the you didn't buy it from us card, so we don't instal. Cause Amazon is probably where I will wind up getting it from. My wife has me getting things from there. Type in what you want and there it is with a ton of different price ranges, or so it seems

BamBamDeer

I will ask around and see if any of my Buddies might do the install. My hands are bad from a wreck and arthritis so I have a hard time doing some things. My problem is my Buddies will know how to hook it up but the install will look like my 10yo did it....in a hurry....lol

Eezybreezy08

That's right. Hahaha. I'm far from that. I also have to try and figure out how to hook up a winch if I get that to. I'm sure that will have my head scratching. To

Top Bottom