Hot Springs ORV Park April 8-10

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I usually get my schedule earlier, so I can swap, if needed. I float around our district, covering pharmacist's vacations & such, with Kroger, but we've lost 3 pharmacists, and the schedule is coming out late. Maybe next time.

BamBamDeer

I usually get my schedule earlier, so I can swap, if needed. I float around our district, covering pharmacist's vacations & such, with Kroger, but we've lost 3 pharmacists, and the schedule is coming out late. Maybe next time.

We will get another trip going soon I bet. I know what it's like....before I retired I couldn't plan anything. Slipping away is half the fun though.

I am looking forward to meeting and wheeling with you.

Eezybreezy08

I agree. I'm already freaking out because I have to order a new antenna and get it here before we go. Plus I have to finish up the work on my jeeps. I have to get the camping gear ready to. I'll be off Tuesday on. So I have time to get things ready.

HogBlock

We didn't have any coon's this time. But this little guy hangs out there. He has the upper body of a lab and the legs of a corgi. We named him LAS( short for low and slow) until we found out his real name is Rick James. They where trying to give him away to a good home when we where there. He will be at the tent camps bright and early each morning if he is still there.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459648670.035962.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459648670.035962.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 32

Eezybreezy08

Good looking little rascal. My kids liked to feed the coons out there. I like waking up and hearing them owls out there to. That place comes to life at night

BamBamDeer

Just checked AccuWeather. It is now listing Sat as 71....Partly Cloudy and Beautiful. Still Thunderstorms listed for Sunday but Fri and Sat are looking good. Let's hope it holds out.

Eezybreezy08

Just checked AccuWeather. It is now listing Sat as 71....Partly Cloudy and Beautiful. Still Thunderstorms listed for Sunday but Fri and Sat are looking good. Let's hope it holds out.

It's going to be nice up there. I think we have a beautiful weekend in store for us. Tonight is my last night of work and now I get to start getting ready for this little adventure

BamBamDeer

It's going to be nice up there. I think we have a beautiful weekend in store for us. Tonight is my last night of work and now I get to start getting ready for this little adventure

I know it will be a long night....lol. I think the weather will be great. Knock out this last night and it is smooth sailing.

We are finishing up our shopping. I keep finding things to add to the list. I keep reminding myself Hot Springs has grocery stores too....just in case.

The Countdown is on!

Eezybreezy08

They have grocery stories but it's a ways from the park. I had to go to Walmart there once and that was a drive that I didn't realize was as far off ha. So come prepared as much as possible. We are gonna do our grocery shopping Thursday. We have our list made is as far as we've gotten. Oh yea, and I sprayed down all the tents today to make sure they are waterproof for incase something crazy changes with the weather

BamBamDeer

They have grocery stories but it's a ways from the park. I had to go to Walmart there once and that was a drive that I didn't realize was as far off ha. So come prepared as much as possible. We are gonna do our grocery shopping Thursday. We have our list made is as far as we've gotten. Oh yea, and I sprayed down all the tents today to make sure they are waterproof for incase something crazy changes with the weather

Spraying down the tents was a good idea. I have never been to Superlift so I hope I can find it....lol.

We have been picking things up. We should be set tomorrow. That gives me some time to figure out what I forgot.

I think it will be a Great Weekend . The Adventure starts soon.....

Eezybreezy08

Just type in the address on the phone and you will be good. Now service does get kinda sketchy in the mountains, so look over the directions before you go so you can have a little idea of where it is. Which the service really only gets bad when you get back there towards the park.
This is gonna definitely be a great weekend. Weather is gonna be nice and we will have all day to ride Saturday. Hopefully everyone will be careful and we will all be driving back without anything broken. My friends that are coming, they just have there jeeps on a 3 in lift and 33. So we will able be pretty capable of tackling the same obstacles and nothing to crazy

BamBamDeer

We are pumped and ready. We should have everything tomorrow. I should be able to be packed by Fri....lol....and IF I forget anything....I can only hope it's the Wife...lol.

Eezybreezy08

We have grandma and grandpa coming with a camper for them. So hopefully if I forget anything they will have it, if they can make it ha. I will have everything by Thursday and I will pack it all in Friday morning after we drop the kids off for school. Especially when we drop baby off for a few hours with his babysitter.
My new antenna is supposed to be here Wednesday. So I should have that all tuned in and ready for the trip to.

BamBamDeer

Weather is looking like it will be Beautiful. I went to Fort Smith to pick up a few things and come back loaded down. I always tell my Wife to make a list and stick to it. That's good advice ....I should follow as well....lol. It's her turn to gouge me a little.

None of it was NEED....just replacing some old...and some ragged....with new.

We are all excited and ready to go. If anyone is coming from the West we will be leaving Sallisaw around 2:30 after we pick up my youngest from school. We decided to take I-40 for ease and time. Would love to have a Convoy so give me a yell.

Eezybreezy08

The couple of folks I have coming aren't convoying just cause we are all having to leave at different times. I have to start working on everything tomorrow to finish up. Gotta get the oil changed. Ever since I blew my last engine up there I change my oil before every off road trip

BamBamDeer

All is looking good. Friday will be here before we know it. We went down to Redland Bottoms this evening and spent about an hour climbing, slushing through the mud and blasting through some sand. I even found a good rocky trail. Nothing extreme but I had the girls screaming....lol.

My Wife detailed our Rig earlier and is going to fine tune it Thurs. I think we are set.

Top Bottom