HELP! - Switch Pros Harness through Firewall

swampdog

Long story short, the switch pros control harness from the switch panel will NOT fit through the driver or passenger side fire wall opening behind the side panels. Tried 4-5 times on each side. The pinch seam beneath the side cowl blocks the opening just enough that the 4 pin connector can get through. Any other place with a larger opening that I can use to penetrate the firewall? This is fairly urgent and I spent 3 hours tonight trying to pull the harness through. I called and left VM at switch pros.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Ok, just saw you have a 13. I have a 12 and it pushed straight through on the driver side with little effort. Try again, you might need some pliers to help you get to the hole. I'll take some photos tomorrow when I get a chance

BigPrince

Had to cut off the connector and reattach it after pushing through the passenger side.

Should have gone through the hole overlander mentioned.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Long story short, the switch pros control harness from the switch panel will NOT fit through the driver or passenger side fire wall opening behind the side panels. Tried 4-5 times on each side. The pinch seam beneath the side cowl blocks the opening just enough that the 4 pin connector can get through. Any other place with a larger opening that I can use to penetrate the firewall? This is fairly urgent and I spent 3 hours tonight trying to pull the harness through. I called and left VM at switch pros.

I got it in through the hole that is used for the window wash line for rear window. I had to modify the gasket a little

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456026098.568476.jpg

Top Bottom