Feds Will Require New Vehicles to Average at Least 40 MPG by 2026

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Politicians have been pretty open about driving the price of fuel up to force people out of their cars and into government transportation.
It really is a great option though. The government just really wants to take care of you. The last two years are a perfect example. Look how great every American is doing right now after being taken care of by government. It really is the perfect life.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Just read the following article that highlights the new federal requirements for new vehicles sold in the United States and it states that they "will have to travel an average of AT LEAST 40 miles per gallon" in 2026. This is going into effect to eventually save people a measly $1400 in gas during the LIFETIME of a 2029 model year vehicle. Of course, this is assuming gas prices stay the same.

View attachment 373845

And no, I don't think this is an April Fools :(
I have an idea. Let the free market dictate what vehicles are available. All this government intervention costs the public thousands of dollars on the initial purchase of the vehicles.

Dale72

Hooked
Came across this article yesterday. #globalwarming is your fault, not theirs.

I saw 2 of them on a truck Thursday. The front was more rounded from top to bottom of the bumper. Couldn't get a picture because they were going the opposite direction

Brute

Hooked
Ok…I’m buying a ‘68 Lincoln convertible with rear suicide doors and installing a hot tub in the back seat…and just drive it around town every day for no apparent reason…

Top Bottom