EVO Tire Carrier Rattle

caminton

OK, for those who never seen EVO tire carrier (other than on pictures), I will try to explain... The gap between Johnny Joint and EVO bracket is about 1/16th if not less so the bending is almost non-existing. What I was suggesting was more of a clamping power but one would need to have and install EVO brackets, corners, tire carrier to actually understand this.. You do know almost entire car is welded together...

So why not get a giant C clamp and just clamp the tire to the gate? I mean, it's probably not going to rattle.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
OK, for those who never seen EVO tire carrier (other than on pictures), I will try to explain... The gap between Johnny Joint and EVO bracket is about 1/16th if not less so the bending is almost non-existing. What I was suggesting was more of a clamping power but one would need to have and install EVO brackets, corners, tire carrier to actually understand this.. You do know almost entire car is welded together...

Lol. I have installed the EVO corners, the tire carrier, and the brackets. Having done so, I still think you are an idiot. :bleh:

mallaki

Lol. I have installed the EVO corners, the tire carrier, and the brackets. Having done so, I still think you are an idiot. :bleh:

i don’t think you did – otherwise you would know there is almost no bending involved there. Do you actually have this tire carrier on your jeep?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
i don’t think you did – otherwise you would know there is almost no bending involved there. Do you actually have this tire carrier on your jeep?

No, I don't, but I did help install the corners, the brackets, and the carrier on MTG's Jeep from beginning to end and I am very familiar with the entire setup. I think maybe that was back in 2012 or 2013. You can go check out the building of Knuckles thread if you like.

Try again Francis...

If you bend these two parallel plates together to make the fit tighter, it is very unlikely that you will be able to actually open and close the gate, especially given how the internals of the joint move around. Hell, even with what little clearance is there on a non-bent setup, getting the joint internals perfectly straight to slide it into the bracket can be a pain.

Last edited:

mallaki

No, I don't, but I did help install the corners, the brackets, and the carrier on MTG's Jeep from beginning to end and I am very familiar with the entire setup. I think maybe that was back in 2012 or 2013. You can go check out the building of Knuckles thread if you like.

Try again Francis...

If you bend these two parallel plates together to make the fit tighter, it is very unlikely that you will be able to actually open and close the gate, especially given how the internals of the joint move around. Hell, even with what little clearance is there on a non-bent setup, getting the joint internals perfectly straight to slide it into the bracket can be a pain.

In two posts you have downgraded yourself from “I have installed the EVO corners, the tire carrier, and the brackets ” to new statement: “No, I don't, but I did help install the corners, the brackets, and the carrier” …
How exactly did you help???

JKRicky

Holy fuck, maybe I missed it but is it really that hard to just off set your Johnny Joints as explained by Piginajeep at the beginning of this thread? God forbid you listen to someone who has factual advice. I can only have one pin in my carrier and still not have any rattles.

mallaki

Holy fuck, maybe I missed it but is it really that hard to just off set your Johnny Joints as explained by Piginajeep at the beginning of this thread? God forbid you listen to someone who has factual advice. I can only have one pin in my carrier and still not have any rattles.

no one said that is hard. Whats hard - is that is difficult to understand my many that there may be better options to quickly lock it, clamp it and remove the pins... i was suggesting other options... OPTIONS...

swampdog

Who the hell do you think you are bringing logic to this man?!?!?!

mallaki

Actually - when misaligned it’s not the easiest to pull and insert these pins making me almost don’t want to open the tail gate.. I know you “Chuck Norris” generation can pull these pins with your nails… Again, I was looking for OTHER OPTIONS

JKRicky

no one said that is hard. Whats hard - is that is difficult to understand my many that there may be better options to quickly lock it, clamp it and remove the pins... i was suggesting other options... OPTIONS...

What's not quick about removing a simple pin? Options are nice but it is already simple and works like it should when installed properly. Think you're over thinking it buddy [emoji106]🏼

Who the hell do you think you are bringing logic to this man?!?!?!

My bad.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
In two posts you have downgraded yourself from “I have installed the EVO corners, the tire carrier, and the brackets ” to new statement: “No, I don't, but I did help install the corners, the brackets, and the carrier” …
How exactly did you help???

Are you for real? My posts are entirely consistent. I never said I installed them on my own Jeep you fucktard, but I did install them. MTG and I worked together to install them on his Jeep. That includes measuring, drilling, putting nutserts in, cutting for round lights, adjusting the carrier, taking it on and off several times.

You are laughable.

Last edited:

sipafz

Caught the Bug
You do know almost entire car is welded together...
I did not know this. Now you have me thinking that the big red box in my garage, you know, the one with hundreds of dollars of wrenches, sockets and such was a big waste of money....wait, nope, don't think so.
Just to put this insane post to bed. Find your way to McMaster Carr or Carr Lane and get a cam handle or cam clamp assembly and modify to your needs. I don't in anyway endorse using these, but they seem to be what you are looking for. Good luck!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471299361.324091.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471299377.039220.jpg

mallaki

Are you for real? My posts are entirely consistent. I never said I installed them on my own Jeep you fucktard, but I did install them. MTG and I worked together to install them on his Jeep. You are laughable.

you helped.. you were simply a helper... I have installed the entire application end to end... Well i had a helper too - my son... he was passing me all the tolls and he helped a lot. just like I am sure you did!!!

mallaki

I did not know this. Now you have me thinking that the big red box in my garage, you know, the one with hundreds of dollars of wrenches, sockets and such was a big waste of money....wait, nope, don't think so.
Just to put this insane post to bed. Find your way to McMaster Carr or Carr Lane and get a cam handle or cam clamp assembly and modify to your needs. I don't in anyway endorse using these, but they seem to be what you are looking for. Good luck!
View attachment 217586
View attachment 217587

Very Good!!!! - This is the best answer so far!!!!

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
you helped.. you were simply a helper... I have installed the entire application end to end... Well i had a helper too - my son... he was passing me all the tolls and he helped a lot. just like I am sure you did!!!

Lol. You have not the slightest clue what you are talking about.

Top Bottom