Enforcers Unite!

seansheds

Did you solve this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well, I put the DS back in on Saturday and then drove to Santa Clarita and back (~ 80 miles). I think I notice slightly more vibration at certain speeds than without it, but I think most of the vibration is from my tires. For now I'm going to leave it alone. If I notice more vibration develop then I'll look into it further, otherwise I'll hope for the best but I think it's fine.

Since I've never done work on a vehicle before I'm just really paranoid about something breaking since it's my DD. Plus, the last thing I was is for something major to happen when the family is with me.

303jkpatriot

Nice!!

Are you running stock axle? Any front driveshaft vibration? What's your caster set at?

Thanks! I am running stock D44's with no driveshaft vibrations. I have the arms adjusted to 23" and its sitting right at 4.1* & 4.3* (passenger, still working on getting those equal)

seansheds

Thanks! I am running stock D44's with no driveshaft vibrations. I have the arms adjusted to 23" and its sitting right at 4.1* & 4.3* (passenger, still working on getting those equal)

Ok cool, that's about what I'm at. I think the vib I'm feeling is from the used tires I put on, rather than the DS.

303jkpatriot

Dick Cepek Mud Country

I ran those for a few thousand miles as well. They were tough to balance and definitely rougher on the road. I ultimately switched from those to Nittos because the Mud Country's didn't love the occasional Ice/Snow we get here. Hopefully you can get them balanced right and riding better for you.

seansheds

I ran those for a few thousand miles as well. They were tough to balance and definitely rougher on the road. I ultimately switched from those to Nittos because the Mud Country's didn't love the occasional Ice/Snow we get here. Hopefully you can get them balanced right and riding better for you.

They are temporary and that's why I bought used. I'll be switching to 37" Cooper's once I upgrade my Dana 30.

JeepJeep75

is upgrading DS a must with the 4" kit?

Yes. The stock DS will hit the exhaust when the front axle droops down. Also the Razeppa joint will eventually tear its rubber boot, and sling out its grease which will be the death of the joint. Some people say they have run their stock DS for x amount of time. Most likely, you'll be out on a trail when that time is up. Why risk that?

Top Bottom