East Meets West: Moab and Ouray August 1-9, 2020

Good plan.

I think Mark needs a two place trailer and we can start a convoy.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
What type of trailer did you have and do they make them in a 20 footer?

I've been looking at flatbeds but when we were hooking up J&K_overlanders jeep, I saw a huge benefit with the middle spacing. Made it easy to strap the jeep down and somewhat of a small lift to work on things if you needed to.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

What type of trailer did you have and do they make them in a 20 footer?

I've been looking at flatbeds but when we were hooking up J&K_overlanders jeep, I saw a huge benefit with the middle spacing. Made it easy to strap the jeep down and somewhat of a small lift to work on things if you needed to.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mark (JKbrick) has a 20’ deck over gooseneck.

My 32’ is the open center deck like you saw which goes have the advantages of being able to work on the driveline easily and cut about 1700 pounds of weight verses the deck over I was looking at. It was built by Kaufman trailers and they can build about anything.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

One of the coolest things you carry is that bumper vise. Sure is handy.
At least it was simple.

I have been working on a bigger spare parts list. I got 6mm couplers, and a couple of 1/8 NPT x 6mm 90 degree fittings, one to use and one for a spare.
I'm adding upper and lower radiator hoses, and while typing this realize I need to add some heater hose and clamps as well.
I also picked up a thermostat with housing, fan belt, 2 idler pulleys, and a belt tensioner. Crank position sensor, front and rear wheel speed sensors.

What else am I missing on this list?

It was killing me being "that guy" holding up the run with my broken shit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Least you weren’t that guy that had to be rescued in the middle of the night. 😳

I was just glad we were able to help. Too bad you had to get so far down to call for help.

One of the coolest things you carry is that bumper vise. Sure is handy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Macs trail DVice

The vice is great. I get a lot of use out of it. We used it this trip for something on Josh's Jeep.
Okay, now I remember, it was to hold the Trac bar bolt while I cut it down to clear his axle truss.

I guess you didn't see the cement stakes. [emoji41]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Good mild steel to make trail repairs.

They have come in handy as lower control arm splints before.

A ready welder is on my list along with learning how to use it well before I need it on the trail. One more thing to pack.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Macs trail DVice

The vice is great. I get a lot of use out of it. We used it this trip for something on Josh's Jeep.

Those things are handy as hell. I've only used mine once on the trail but it's great to have. I always forget what bag I put it in until I lift the heavy ass bag & figure it out.

I use it at home often.

Im not trying to sabotage your conversation. I thought about starting a new thread but it seemed silly. I simply want to ask, because in 3 weeks I am making the trip from Pa to Moab myself.

How was it getting food and lodging while driving out and back? I cancelled this trip in May because I didn't want to deal with most places being closed on the way out. Was Moab in town for the most part 'open'?

How a bout road closures? We are taking Rt 70 from Pa. I have taken 80 numerous times west and east and I hate it. I do check current conditions on web while on the road, but thought I would ask you guys.

Im not trying to sabotage your conversation. I thought about starting a new thread but it seemed silly. I simply want to ask, because in 3 weeks I am making the trip from Pa to Moab myself.

How was it getting food and lodging while driving out and back? I cancelled this trip in May because I didn't want to deal with most places being closed on the way out. Was Moab in town for the most part 'open'?

How a bout road closures? We are taking Rt 70 from Pa. I have taken 80 numerous times west and east and I hate it. I do check current conditions on web while on the road, but thought I would ask you guys.

The drive out was normal as far as eating and lodging. Same thing in Moab, all the restaurants are open.
I-70 is closed around Glenwood Springs right now due to a wild fire, so if it’s still closed by the time you go you will want to find a better way around instead of Independence Pass which takes you through Aspen, pretty drive but adds a couple hours. Other than that 70 was smooth sailing.

The drive out was normal as far as eating and lodging. Same thing in Moab, all the restaurants are open.
I-70 is closed around Glenwood Springs right now due to a wild fire, so if it’s still closed by the time you go you will want to find a better way around instead of Independence Pass which takes you through Aspen, pretty drive but adds a couple hours. Other than that 70 was smooth sailing.

Thank you for info!!

I feel like we stuffed 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag on this trip! Very little down time but sooo worth it! Incredible times with awesome people!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

It really was! Congrats on the badges!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom