Crappy EVO tire carrier knock off spotted at KOH

Can't hate on a guy/gal doing their own tire carrier. Even tho it clearly seems the EVO tire carrier is the one in which he or she was knocking off.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I think the guy did a nice copy. Building your own is a great idea but there are only so many styles that you can build that work so sometimes you have to copy a proven design. I build a set that I modeled after the EVO rockers because I likes Mel's design so much, but they are were out of my price range to buy.

Last edited:
I've talked to the guy who owns that red jku. Seems like a cool guy. I never bothered asking about his tire carrier. I know he bought the jeep like that from someone else though. I'll have to ask next time I see him up here in the hd

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

The backyard garage copy is one thing (until that falls off on the highway and I run over his spare), what really sucks and is bullshit is when a no name company (VKS?) completely copies another established company's design and R&D (ORE in this case) for a profit and sells/markets it as their own,...

VKS bullshit sliders.jpg

that right there is bullshit!

The backyard garage copy is one thing (until that falls off on the highway and I run over his spare), what really sucks and is bullshit is when a no name company (VKS?) completely copies another established company's design and R&D (ORE in this case) for a profit and sells/markets it as their own,...

View attachment 68147

Those cute gussets aren't close to the Evo ones. Hopefully the customer doesn't think they are getting the same quality.

Those cute gussets aren't close to the Evo ones. Hopefully the customer doesn't think they are getting the same quality.

HAHA, I guess the gusset are vented for speed and fuel econ, maybe that passes as original design (bullshit). We all know where to spend our $ and where to support the original innovators.

Last edited:

View attachment 68147

Saving weight for HP gain? :crazyeyes;

I'd be embarrassed to run this crap.

Saving weight for HP gain? :crazyeyes;

I'd be embarrassed to run this crap.

I won't link up which forum the photo came from, not hard to find, but what sucks even more is a well known vendor runs them on his personal rig and knowingly sells ORE and the knock off vendors kit both while promoting the bullshit copier, :naw:.

I won't link up which forum the photo came from, not hard to find, but what sucks even more is a well known vendor runs them on his personal rig and knowingly sells ORE and the knock off vendors kit both while promoting the bullshit copier, :naw:.

Two types of class in this world...first and none. Unfortunately the latter seems to outweigh the former.

Slightly off topic. After I got my EVO Sliders installed I had a forum member start PM all these question about the step angle and pics to see em welded up. I started to comply and then the questions kept coming.

I stopped sending pics and asked why all the questions and not just talk with ORE about fitment...you trying to fab ur own. The response was yes. I was like, I don't feel comfortable giving out angles and measurements.

Like sharkey and MTG say classless.

- Jason

I can...it shows a total absence of ingenuity. Create, don't replicate.

I dont know, and I promise that I'm not one of those who suck donkey dick, but I agree with mike

I think the guy did a nice copy. Building your own is a great idea but there are only so many styles that you can build that work so sometimes you have to copy a proven design.

I always buy my HD parts since I cant weld. BUT If I could weld, I would use designs that I liked to guide me as I build my own parts. Probably add my own slight twist to it, but theres only so much you can to to a swing out/bumperless carrier. It would either be a stinger carrier likeEVO and GenRight or non stinger like OR-Fab.

Top Bottom