Cordless Impact Gun?

I’ve been looking at those too. I can’t decide between the larger 3/8 one or the 1/2”.

I’m still leaning towards the 1/4 for whatever reason. Thinking it’d be nice for rock ring installs.
3/8 for me makes way more since cause I have all the combos of sockets I’ll ever need where as 1/4 I’d need to buy more. Could be a plus there. lol

I’ve got the 3/8. It’s not life changing but it definitely saves you some time when you have a ton of bolts to remove.

Not looking to break speed records. Just getting away from pneumatic tools for the most part. My air ratchet is probably my most used tool but I like my hearing and I’m tired of running air.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
I see what your saying. That was one of the reasons I went with 3/8 also is not having to fire up the compressor. Bear in mind that they essentially function as a standard ratchet when you’re not pulling the trigger. I.e. you can tug on it pretty hard to break a stubborn bolt loose and then pull the trigger to speed it out. I don’t know for sure but I would assume that the internals of a 3/8 vs a 1/4 are a little beefier and more able to withstand breaking a bolt loose. Either way I don’t think you’ll be unhappy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Never thought I would do it. Going red.
IMG_9134.JPG .

The tech in this thing is crazy. Never would have thought about it in the past. Now I think you can’t live without it. My favorite feature I think will be (haven’t tried it yet) is the lug nut control settings.
IMG_9131.JPG .

With the app you can track and make your tools inoperable. Which I hope becomes standard across the board. Really hope it catches on and make the resale of stolen tools a thing of the past.
IMG_9133.JPG .

The bad.
It’s FUCKING gigantic and weighs WAY more than my IR and Snap On guns(air). The mid torque is considerably smaller and probably a better buy.

TrailHunter

Hooked
The tech in this thing is crazy.....

With the app you can track and make your tools inoperable. Which I hope becomes standard across the board. Really hope it catches on and make the resale of stolen tools a thing of the past.

That is Crazy... didn’t know they could do that... can you adjust the torque manually without the app?

That is Crazy... didn’t know they could do that... can you adjust the torque manually without the app?

Without the app you have the choice of 4 default settings for RPM and impacts per minute.
IMG_9135.JPG .
Torque can only be adjusted through the app but will be saved. It’s a wide range of accuracy. Only meant to get you in the ball park.
After dicking with it for a bit. I also like that you can change the “ramp on” with the trigger pull length.

*copy/paste*
“Custom Drive Control
Adjust the RPMs to deliver more control for delicate fastening applications. Adjust the torque and RPMs to achieve repeatable torque results from repetitive fastening applications.
Lug Nut Mode
Eliminate the need for torque sticks by choosing between two settings that will deliver repeatable output on lug nut applications, and check final torque with a calibrated torque wrench.
Concrete Anchor Mode
Select this mode so the tool will automatically shut down once the anchor is seated to reduce broken anchors and stripped material.”

Gobicon2017

Picked one up last week. Simply amazing with more controls than I’ll ever need. The torque setting is sweet for the lugs. I set mine right at 100 to see how it did. It came within 3 of each one. Pretty impressive.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

The tech in this thing is crazy. Never would have thought about it in the past. Now I think you can’t live without it. My favorite feature I think will be (haven’t tried it yet) is the lug nut control settings.

The bad.
It’s FUCKING gigantic and weighs WAY more than my IR and Snap On guns(air). The mid torque is considerably smaller and probably a better buy.

Awesome impact gun. :thumb:

jesse3638

Hooked
I've been looks at these things considering my Kobalt impact (air) is really weak. This would be perfect for trail use. Especially when trying to bust off a pinion nut on the Rubicon..haha. Not trying to be rude but what is the price tag on this?

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gobicon2017

Same here on price. Stood in Home Depot for who knows how long adding up the price. Finally bit the bullet and 100 percent satisfied. Damm near slept with it the first two nights lol. Broke the first lug nut with a grin from ear to ear.

Jsouder53

Hooked

The bad.

That thing sounds awesome! I’m starting to wish I went that way instead of dewalt, but I do have all of the dewalt batteries already... dewalt just needs to catch up with the technology!

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Without the app you have the choice of 4 default settings for RPM and impacts per minute.
View attachment 307280 .
Torque can only be adjusted through the app but will be saved. It’s a wide range of accuracy. Only meant to get you in the ball park.
After dicking with it for a bit. I also like that you can change the “ramp on” with the trigger pull length.

*copy/paste*
“Custom Drive Control
Adjust the RPMs to deliver more control for delicate fastening applications. Adjust the torque and RPMs to achieve repeatable torque results from repetitive fastening applications.
Lug Nut Mode
Eliminate the need for torque sticks by choosing between two settings that will deliver repeatable output on lug nut applications, and check final torque with a calibrated torque wrench.
Concrete Anchor Mode
Select this mode so the tool will automatically shut down once the anchor is seated to reduce broken anchors and stripped material.”

I hear the battery sucks?? How’s yours?? Someone I know bought the earthquake from hf and said it actually worked way better

I hear the battery sucks?? How’s yours?? Someone I know bought the earthquake from hf and said it actually worked way better

The battery sucks? First I’ve heard that complaint. I have the M18 hedge trimmer that I’m sure uses gobs more power, with the 9ah batteries it lasts longer than I’m interested in trimming hedges to find out. I won’t have issues running low for my use.

I’m glad the earthquake is working out for your friend.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
The battery sucks? First I’ve heard that complaint. I have the M18 hedge trimmer that I’m sure uses gobs more power, with the 9ah batteries it lasts longer than I’m interested in trimming hedges to find out. I won’t have issues running low for my use.

I’m glad the earthquake is working out for your friend.

Nice that’s good then. I’ve heard that complaint from several ppl so was just curios if you saw any issue. Sure is a nice gun.

I recently bought a HF cordess 1/2” impact driver... love the power but its very difficult to remove sockets from the driver.

really rethinking my decision and was curious with the m18... has anyone experienced difficulty putting on or taking off a socket?

never thought this would be an issue... so far it hasnt been an issue on the HF air impact ive had for a few years.

I recently bought a HF cordess 1/2” impact driver... love the power but its very difficult to remove sockets from the driver.

really rethinking my decision and was curious with the m18... has anyone experienced difficulty putting on or taking off a socket?

never thought this would be an issue... so far it hasnt been an issue on the HF air impact ive had for a few years.

Does it have a detent pin or hog ring? Either way. Most loosen up after some use unless they are damaged then they can be even more of a pain in the ass to remove sockets.

WJCO

Meme King

I have the same impact gun. Does the same thing. It is a little bit of a pain in the ass but otherwise the gun has been great.

Top Bottom