Coffee Drinkers & Bean Grinders

jesse3638

Hooked
Well today is 1 year being with my new department. Its tradition to typically cook the house dinner. I took it a step further and made breakfast too. I also quietly put BRCC MO in the coffee pot over our usual commercial bulk BS coffee. Everyone was pleasantly surprised and immediately wanted to know what it was. One guy even said ok I have to start drinking good coffee, I'm over Folgers...haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well today is 1 year being with my new department. Its tradition to typically cook the house dinner. I took it a step further and made breakfast too. I also quietly put BRCC MO in the coffee pot over our usual commercial bulk BS coffee. Everyone was pleasantly surprised and immediately wanted to know what it was. One guy even said ok I have to start drinking good coffee, I'm over Folgers...haha.

Congrats on the anniversary. I agree. The 5 gallon buckets of farmer brothers or Folgers in all fire and cop shops suck.

Speaking of BRCC. Do you get any of their exclusive stuff? The Dictator Geisha was insane. Best coffee I’ve ever had.

jesse3638

Hooked
Congrats on the anniversary. I agree. The 5 gallon buckets of farmer brothers or Folgers in all fire and cop shops suck.

Speaking of BRCC. Do you get any of their exclusive stuff? The Dictator Geisha was insane. Best coffee I’ve ever had.
Yep I've got the ECS and by the time I tried to order that it was gone. Literally 2 hours after receiving the email. $40 for 12oz of coffee was steep but I was sucked in. Sucks I missed it.

Speaking of the 5 gallon buckets. I made BRCC again this morning. B shift was coming on so the new guy made the status quo. One guy off of my shift asks if I made coffee. I said yes and he was really confused as to how bad it was. Another guy over heard this convo and explained the new pot was the regular stuff. The ah-ha moment was priceless...haha.

Ddays

Hooked
Had to retire the Breville. Old girl quit grinding and was spitting up all over herself. Time to go.

old.jpg

Replaced her with another Breville maker and a separate grinder. The grinder is a Bodum cone burr unit. Works really well. Better than my old burr grinder.
Coffee maker works great too. Just made a test pot and it does a really nice job. It blooms the grinds before it starts the brew.

new.jpg

Elroy231

Had to retire the Breville. Old girl quit grinding and was spitting up all over herself. Time to go.

View attachment 354627

Replaced her with another Breville maker and a separate grinder. The grinder is a Bodum cone burr unit. Works really well. Better than my old burr grinder.
Coffee maker works great too. Just made a test pot and it does a really nice job. It blooms the grinds before it starts the brew.

View attachment 354628
That looks nice. Im looking to ditch the keurig for something better. I like the idea of a fresh grind and brew.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
That looks nice. Im looking to ditch the keurig for something better. I like the idea of a fresh grind and brew.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Keurigs aren't bad for what they are. They're really nice for making a quick cup and being able to have a big variety on hand. But man, fresh ground
coffee in the morning just can't be beat.

WJCO

Meme King
Keurigs aren't bad for what they are. They're really nice for making a quick cup and being able to have a big variety on hand. But man, fresh ground
coffee in the morning just can't be beat.

My wife wanted a keurig forever. We finally got one. Got rid of it a year later. Flavor has no strength compared to fresh grind.

jesse3638

Hooked
My wife wanted a keurig forever. We finally got one. Got rid of it a year later. Flavor has no strength compared to fresh grind.
Or you just have to make 2 or 3 k-cups on the smallest cup size for one 12oz cup. So now you've just made a $1.50-$3.00 cup of coffee. They are nice for quick cups but I can't stand how expensive the k-cups are.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Just get the mesh cup that fits where k cups go and put your own freshly ground coffee in it. Tastes a little different but definitely better than summer ass juice that was previously mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jesse3638

Hooked
Just get the mesh cup that fits where k cups go and put your own freshly ground coffee in it. Tastes a little different but definitely better than summer ass juice that was previously mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
We've got a couple of those and they are a total pain in the ass. If im going through that much work I'm using the aeropress.

Top Bottom