CARNAGE!! Let's See Your Best Breaks & Trail Damage

Nicholas

wayoflife said:
Wow, that totally sucks. You may want to give your axle flange a look. Running through tight narrows can bend it - might even be what lead to your failure. Glad that you're okay and nobody got hurt.

My hardtop was tagged by a over hanging portion of the narrows. I got a little too close.

Attachments

• image-1331927498.jpg
    image-1331927498.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,310

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, bummer. If you can, please do a full trip report as I'd love to hear about your experiences there :yup:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Lost a wheel going down the highway coming back from Yuma on Monday evening. Most likely a loose lug nut or 2. I'm up and running again had Pro Gear in SD check out my axle shaft, replaced rotor and brake pads.

LOL The Narrows in Un Name wash got a little too narrow.

Oh one more pic, my rotor after skidding to a stop with no wheel.

That sucks man. This happened to Chris too when leaving Moab right? Makes me think I need to be more diligent on checking my lug nuts! :eek:

Glad to hear you are up and running again. :thumb:

My hardtop was tagged by a over hanging portion of the narrows. I got a little too close.

Looks like a fun trail...to do topless!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
There is a reason why we sold our last hard top and now I'm seriously contemplating selling our other.... we never use it :crazyeyes:

I keep debating on buying a hardtop. I go doorless and topless 99% of the time in the summer and would just use it in the winter. Not sure if its worth it or not.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I keep debating on buying a hardtop. I go doorless and topless 99% of the time in the summer and would just use it in the winter. Not sure if its worth it or not.

I had my hard top off all summer and it is a PITA to store it unless you are going to hang it from your garage ceiling. I was so glad to have my space back when I put it on for the winter!

I do enjoy both looks though (soft top and hard top). When I bought the Jeep it only came with the Crush colored hard top. In hindsight I should have gotten the factory soft top too! :thinking:

You can buy a caddy for your hard top that will also hold your doors etc. for about $300-$400 but I had better stuff to spend that on. :thumb:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
There is a reason why we sold our last hard top and now I'm seriously contemplating selling our other.... we never use it :crazyeyes:

After wrecking on the freeway with out my hard top on, parts of my jeep were hitting me in the head. Now I am not sure about driving with out it. Maybe I am just being a girl?:thinking::boohoo:

MTG

Caught the Bug

Honestly, if I lived in SoCal I wouldn't bother with one. But where I live it's nice for the winter, although certainly not necessary.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
After wrecking on the freeway with out my hard top on, parts of my jeep were hitting me in the head. Now I am not sure about driving with out it. Maybe I am just being a girl?:thinking::boohoo:

:cheesy: Is that what the G stands for in GTony?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If my driveway counts as a trail then I have some trail damage, otherwise I just have damage. haha:cheesy:

47528-traded-f150-31eaa79a-jpg

Nicholas

MTG said:
That sucks man. This happened to Chris too when leaving Moab right? Makes me think I need to be more diligent on checking my lug nuts! :eek:

Glad to hear you are up and running again. :thumb:

Looks like a fun trail...to do topless!

I talked to Chris the other day about it.

The trail about a mile or so in got to narrow for us to go through and I even tried going up one side of the wall to pass. No luck! :(

Nicholas

OverlanderJK said:

I really like my hardtop because it kind of prevents break-ins since I park on the street where I live and I love how it looks. Down fall is taking it off and storing it but I was able to build a cart to stand it up and move it around.

Fierfek

Lost a wheel going down the highway coming back from Yuma on Monday evening. Most likely a loose lug nut or 2. I'm up and running again had Pro Gear in SD check out my axle shaft, replaced rotor and brake pads.

LOL The Narrows in Un Name wash got a little too narrow.

Oh one more pic, my rotor after skidding to a stop with no wheel.

You left that at my house, I think i will make you a wall clock out of it..:yup:

rinkishjk

I destroyed my stock oil pan doing something my jk couldnt.. I have to find the pic.bought the benchmark pan after that, and thankfully its still on there with no issues.

redman333

OverlanderJK said:

I think if I had to buy a hard top I wouldn't I'd put the money else are but I bought my jk with one and no soft top since I knew I wanted a trektop NX. No plans on selling mine though since I do like it for winter even though it is short.

Top Bottom