Are C-Gussets Installed Correctly?

4WP job, initial reaction and further reading I was correct.

Seems no matter what 4WP store, shit work is their standard.

Clearly done by someone who didn't give a fuck and probably didn't want to do the job in first place lol

4WP job, initial reaction and further reading I was correct.

Seems no matter what 4WP store, shit work is their standard.

That was my first thought even before it was stated as well.
Entry level workers. Once they get experienced, most move on to better shops it seems.

I have made the mistake of having them do gears many years ago😫
Won't do that again.

I was browsing a store a while back while a lady was complaining about the bumper installation they did. It leaned forward so bad it looked like it was already in an accident, and the sales guy was trying to tell her it is supposed to be that way and she didn't know what she was talking about.
He even pointed out the same model hanging on the wall, and how it was leaned forward, just like it should be 🤯

It’s because they pay awful money to “mechanics” and most are not even mechanics at all. The one near me has 5 “techs”, whatever that means, and one that’s is actually a journeyman licensed mechanic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang a topic that falls in my realm of expertise and was covered fast. But I will make a quick comment.

There is a difference between a Welder and a Mechanic that can weld.

Those photos show a cold weld with what looks like a low amp setting using 7018 rod that was not grounded properly.
I'd bet money that there isn't even a 1/32 of penetration.

Like my uncle always says, "Anyone can make it stay, but not everyone can make it hold"

Seriously, I’d make them grind that shit off and properly install new ones. Your lower (which is actually the upper) looks like it is hanging down below the C.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

So I got the service Mgr. on the phone this morning. To my surprise, he asked how soon I could bring it in to get repaired. I was expecting to get a dodgy response. I did tell the guy to check the original work order and keep that tech away from my vehicle.

Bringing it it Wed morn to get fixed. Fingers crossed. Will update this thread on result.

Yeah that’s pretty bad I’m not the greatest at welding but man that’s a terrible weld especially if a shop is giving the customer work that looks like that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

They should do it free of charge.... especially since they will be heating up those C’s for a second time. Good luck.

I have asked them to do exactly what you suggested as a professional courtesy seeing how I am having to deal with the work twice because of their mistake.

They want $180.00 per side to install the ball joints, but that's nearly full price assuming everything is not already opened up. Seems like a fair price under "normal" circumstances.

I have asked them to do exactly what you suggested as a professional courtesy seeing how I am having to deal with the work twice because of their mistake.

They want $180.00 per side to install the ball joints, but that's nearly full price assuming everything is not already opened up. Seems like a fair price under "normal" circumstances.

In “normal” circumstances they wouldn’t of f’d your Jeep up... I don’t think free labor on new ball joints is asking for much to make things right... only my opinion though. Shit, Imagine if you paid for new ball joints with the C-Gussets.... would they put new ones in the second time? Or just re-welded the C-gussets and left them in there? All that heat on the joints can can cause damage or pre mature wear.

Personally, I'd just ask to have them cut off and my money back - then hire a mobile welder who actually knows how to weld.

Top Bottom