Anyone up for a fender mod party??(SoCal Area)

When I used a cut off wheel, which moves a lot of material quickly, and it still took me quite a while. I am a little anal about perfection but if I would have used a dremel, I think it would have taken forever! Doable...sure, but quite a long job :twocents:

I think a jig saw with metal blade would be perfect. Rotary would be great for any details and fine tuning. My 2 cents.

I would love to make it! :yup: But I don't get off work until 4pm. Damit! :grayno: Have a great time! :thumb:

i used this from hf. worked great. clean lines and fast as hell.

http://www.harborfreight.com/high-speed-metal-saw-91753.html

Here's a great video I watched before I did mine.

Maybe it will help some of you too.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EppDwS34sXs

Great links RT! I may be running through HF this week. ;)

So how lame would it be to have trimmed fenders with a stock 4dr rubi? :thinking: Uncle sam decimated my mod money, so looks like it may be a while before I'm up on 35s. I can do the 2.5 lift, but it's the wheel/tire costs that are eluding me. I may be taking lots of visual notes/vid.

Note: I have an old pancake compressor that I literally have never used. Maybe I'll bring that so we can use if needed (if the thing still/even works). Should be enough to power these small tools?

Great links RT! I may be running through HF this week. ;)

So how lame would it be to have trimmed fenders with a stock 4dr rubi? :thinking: Uncle sam decimated my mod money, so looks like it may be a while before I'm up on 35s. I can do the 2.5 lift, but it's the wheel/tire costs that are eluding me. I may be taking lots of visual notes/vid.

Note: I have an old pancake compressor that I literally have never used. Maybe I'll bring that so we can use if needed (if the thing still/even works). Should be enough to power these small tools?

not at all! Do it...a mid mod jeep is better than an no mod jeep! I hated running my winch bumper with no winch...but it was a nice 10 minute install rather than doing it all at once! DO IT!!!! :thumb:

not at all! Do it...a mid mod jeep is better than an no mod jeep! I hated running my winch bumper with no winch...but it was a nice 10 minute install rather than doing it all at once! DO IT!!!! :thumb:

There is no way that EVO bumper took you 10 minutes to install.

There is no way that EVO bumper took you 10 minutes to install.

no..I meant I installed it, even though I didnt have my winch yet, and that way it only took me 10 min to install the winch rather than the bumper and the winch at the same time. (moral of that post...mod now to make later mods go faster)

Back on point....my issues! 😉 Not so much worried about time as I am about looking silly/weird with stock rubi and trimmed flares.

but seriously J, just cut'em it will look okay. it is still a rubi and not a sport or sahara... or you can just sit with me and drink beers.... :rolleyes:

andrew -

Well ok. If I cut them then I'm plastidippin them bitches pink camo. And I prefer a nice bartels and James spritzer. 💅👠💄🌈 😂😂

I'm showing up one way or the other so it'll be a game time decision.

Top Bottom