Anyone self quarantined? AKA - the 2020 SH!T SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I like either of them, but I'm pretty sure Pelosi isn't really his aunt.

It's one of those convoluted ties that only women seem to understand.

Nancy Pelosi’s brother-in-law, Ron Pelosi, was married to the late Belinda Barbara Newsom, who was Gavin Newsom’s aunt. :crazyeyes:

Yep.
To have an organized gathering at the Capital must obtain a permit. This crowd didn’t get a permit and tried to storm the Capital. They got pushed back to the street like any other group would have.

Thanks for the context. With that being said, should someone really have to have a 'permit' to gather, assemble, and exercise free speech against the government?

Thanks for the context. With that being said, should someone really have to have a 'permit' to gather, assemble, and exercise free speech against the government?

Simple answer. No.

However it’s not exactly that simple based on the precedent set and other similar laws in place. Imagine the back lash if the police gave this group free reign but all other rally’s shut down in the past.

Simple answer. No.

Actually, it depends. Like I have said many times in some other notorious threads, the Bill of Rights is not absolute. Just as there can be reasonable restrictions related to the 2nd Amendment, so can there be related to the 1st Amendment. "Time, place, manner" restrictions on speech, when properly applied, serve a very important purpose in a civilized society that has a Constitution.

I am not a fan of people "storming" government buildings to exercise free speech, nor am I a fan of people walking around in crowds with high power rifles strapped to their backs as a form of exercising free speech. (I don't know if it happened in Sacto, but some of the other videos I saw across the country were problematic in my opinion.)

That said, I think the Vet did a pretty good job of calmly and intelligently presenting a reasoned point of view. It's too bad that more of the protestors are not as eloquent.

nor am I a fan of people walking around in crowds with high power rifles strapped to their backs as a form of exercising free speech. (I don't know if it happened in Sacto, but some of the other videos I saw across the country were problematic in my opinion.)

I posted something earlier regarding armed protesters and whether it made others uncomfortable. I don't think I presented my POV very well- I don't have an issue with people being armed and/or carrying - I myself do that.
I think an armed protest presents a recipe for disaster. All it would take is for one of those armed protesters to be attacked somehow and for just one shot to be fired for an out of control conflict. If the unthinkable
would happen, and someone was wounded or killed, the push to disarm citizens or ban some form of guns would reach a crescendo and we would all suffer for it. And I wouldn't put it past a group like Antifa or similar to stage
something like this to shove it up our ass.

I posted something earlier regarding armed protesters and whether it made others uncomfortable. I don't think I presented my POV very well- I don't have an issue with people being armed and/or carrying - I myself do that.
I think an armed protest presents a recipe for disaster. All it would take is for one of those armed protesters to be attacked somehow and for just one shot to be fired for an out of control conflict. If the unthinkable
would happen, and someone was wounded or killed, the push to disarm citizens or ban some form of guns would reach a crescendo and we would all suffer for it. And I wouldn't put it past a group like Antifa or similar to stage
something like this to shove it up our ass.

Scary thought, but I agree, I wouldn’t put it past them.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom