Anvil Jeep Build - Jetlau3

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
IMG_7336.jpg
IMG_7341.jpg
IMG_7342.jpg

Got the AEV rear diff slider on today . Probably the easiest install I’ve done on the Jeep . Well made . Hope it saves my drive shaft from getting beat up .

Tested mirrors . Ready for next door less trip

IMG_7299.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

Fun times on John Bull last weekend

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Adjustments.jpg

Spent better part of Sunday installing the evo corner armor and rear tire carrier . Thanks to Jerry (jdofmemi) for the great deal and the help on the install

Still left to do :
- new hitch pins ordered
- ordered wiring for the Maxxima rear lights (zip tied stock lights into carrier so I could get home from Jerry’s at night)
- deal with spun nurserts (will prob just cut and glue in bolt heads)
- adjust fit.. need to lift driver side up high and torque the bolts on the passenger side brackets .. right now with tire it sags a few inches
- cleanup holes we cut for lights
- ordered evo antenna mount and need to remount cb antenna
- figure out rotopax setup I will go with .. orders kC mounts and will experiment on how not to cover up license plate .
- reinstall reverse camera

Happy with this so far . Damn that was a hard install

Ddays

Hooked
Spent better part of Sunday installing the evo corner armor and rear tire carrier . Thanks to Jerry (jdofmemi) for the great deal and the help on the install

Still left to do :
- new hitch pins ordered
- ordered wiring for the Maxxima rear lights (zip tied stock lights into carrier so I could get home from Jerry’s at night)
- adjust fit.. need to lift driver side up high and torque the bolts on the passenger side brackets .. right now with tire it sags a few inches
- figure out rotopax setup I will go with .. orders kC mounts and will experiment on how not to cover up license plate .

Came out great. That carrier install isn't easy. And adjusting it can really try your patience!

rubiDave

Looks good Dan.
View attachment 355066

Still left to do :
- new hitch pins ordered

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Next time you come we can get it. I have a big enough Crescent wrench for it

I have a set of big ass box wrenches you can use.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks both . Jerry I may be down closer to you in Fullerton the weekend of 11/6 . Will try to link up as it gets closer

Dave and I have been chatting about planning a calico trip soon now that the weather has cooled off

fiend

Caught the Bug
Good job guys. A lot of work.

Let’s all do a run soon.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Looks good. On the spinning nutsert. I had good luck with a little red Loctite around the nutsert and body panel, run tap in it to make sure it's nice and clean. Then apply pleasure to the armor while threading the bolt in. Had one spinner on my rocker armor. This worked for me.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Looks Good Dan...

Looks good. On the spinning nutsert. I had good luck with a little red Loctite around the nutsert and body panel, run tap in it to make sure it's nice and clean. Then apply pleasure to the armor while threading the bolt in. Had one spinner on my rocker armor. This worked for me.

...could you dab a little Epoxy in between the nutsert and the panel?

Top Bottom