Anvil Jeep Build - Jetlau3

A.J.

Sounds like you need a bigger hammer. Between the Rockstars and oil pan skid all I can think is BFH! A real big pry bar is pretty handy too! And a big crescent wrench.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Sounds like you need a bigger hammer. Between the Rockstars and oil pan skid all I can think is BFH! A real big pry bar is pretty handy too! And a big crescent wrench.

I needed a propane torch to straighten my control arm mounts. They were curled over so badly I couldn’t take the arms out to replace the bushings.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
IMG_6531.jpg
IMG_6532.jpg

It’s on . Aside from a hammer and a pry bar .. you need some tiny ass hands to install this evo stuff .

Skid plate weirdly doesn’t extend far enough back to cover the sway bar motor .. feels like a bit of a design flaw .

Happy with how the front end came together tho

wjtstudios

Hooked
It looks great! It is a bit odd it doesn’t cover the motor. The AEV skid plate does, but I’ve had to cut it back quite a bit to allow the DL to clear

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Last edited:

fiend

Caught the Bug
View attachment 345452
View attachment 345453

It’s on . Aside from a hammer and a pry bar .. you need some tiny ass hands to install this evo stuff .

Skid plate weirdly doesn’t extend far enough back to cover the sway bar motor .. feels like a bit of a design flaw .

It looks great. Can you clock the sway bar up? There’s a thread somewhere that describes how to do it.

jdofmemi

View attachment 345452
View attachment 345453

Looks good Dan.

My JCR bumper has a piece added on to the skid that covers the sway bar motor. It hangs down a bit, but I'm glad it's there, it has several gouges on it.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
It looks great. Can you clock the sway bar up? There’s a thread somewhere that describes how to do it.

I had it clocked with the old bumper but the pro series bumper doesn’t allow for it . Would interfere with where the winch plate sits

Looks good Dan.

My JCR bumper has a piece added on to the skid that covers the sway bar motor. It hangs down a bit, but I'm glad it's there, it has several gouges on it.

There are 2 bolts on the bottom attaching the skid to the crash bar so probably wouldn’t be too hard to get a piece of steel, drill 2 holes, and extend the skid back . Feels little strange given they could have just made it a bit longer tho

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
IMG_6680.jpg

Paid a shop $100 to do transmission filter fluids and filter . They sorted out my bent cross member and dropped in some new hardware while they were at it . Money well spent I feel

Took apart diffs for first time since regear and fixed bashed bolts .

Got this angle finder in the mail . Maybe will try to check my caster soon

IMG_6681.jpg

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
IMG_6820.jpg
IMG_6821.jpg

Pretty bummed . Spent all morning pulling intake plenum and changing all spark plugs . Threw P0304 code — cylinder 4 misfire .

Swapped ignition coil from 4 to 2 . Buttoned it all back up . Fired it up and cleared code . Threw the exact same code about 2 minutes into test drive .

Wiring and plugs all looked good .

May be beyond my limited skills to diagnose at this point

Top Bottom