ANOTHER WINDSHIELD Bites the Dust - What Number are You On?

Sgt_USMC

That’s my deductible if I have the insurance replace it now. Like Eddie said though, not a Mopar windshield. The last time I got it done, a couple year ago, they quoted me around $350 for a Mopar one.

TheGrendel

Got my 1 free Gorilla Replacement from Jeep last week. It only took 3.5 weeks and me bugging them every other day to finally get an answer and get it replaced. We will see how long this one lasts. I'm not expecting much. When it inevitably breaks, I'll be getting the non-Mopar regular class. GG is crap.

CalSgt

Hooked
Got my 1 free Gorilla Replacement from Jeep last week. It only took 3.5 weeks and me bugging them every other day to finally get an answer and get it replaced. We will see how long this one lasts. I'm not expecting much. When it inevitably breaks, I'll be getting the non-Mopar regular class. GG is crap.
Splain that to me…. You got a free windshield?

I jumped on this thread to chime in for my first busted one. Figure I’ll get it replaced after my rubicon trip but was thinking I’d just go to one of the chain glass shops in Reno.

TheGrendel

Splain that to me…. You got a free windshield?

I jumped on this thread to chime in for my first busted one. Figure I’ll get it replaced after my rubicon trip but was thinking I’d just go to one of the chain glass shops in Reno.
Gladiator I bought came with Gorilla Glass. Jeep warranties GG for 2 years. By warranty, they mean 1 single replacement and they do everything possible to weasel their way out of honoring the warranty.

the consensus in the Jeep community is that GG does not provide any more protection against chips than regular glass. It also seems to crack faster than regular glass when you do get a chip.

Last edited:

CalSgt

Hooked
Gladiator I bought came with Gorilla Glass. Jeep warranties GG for 2 years. By warranty, they mean 1 single replacement and they do everything possible to weasel their way out of honoring the warranty.

the consensus in the Jeep community is that GG does not provide any more protection against chips than regular glass. It also seems to crack faster than regular glass when you do get a chip.
Gorilla Glass is not worth the extra money...

I've seen some company advertising windshield film for Jeeps... Kinda like tear offs for motocross goggles.

They come with three layers you can tear off as they get damaged, I wonder how they would do.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen some company advertising windshield film for Jeeps... Kinda like tear offs for motocross goggles.

They come with three layers you can tear off as they get damaged, I wonder how they would do.
There's a place out in the Vegas area that sells/does this. I won't lie, it sounds interesting.

Top Bottom