ANOTHER WINDSHIELD Bites the Dust - What Number are You On?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's a Jeep thing! If you have one, you totally understand that replacing windshields on a regular basis is a way of life. I've literally replaced so many on Moby alone that the guys at my local Fast Glass shop in Carson City know me on a first name basis... seriously! Anyway, I was wanting to know how many windshields you've gone through so far. Also, please let us know what year your Jeep is so that it can put things into perspective. Thanks! :crazyeyes:

20210312134827-fd821689-me.jpg

Oh, I should note that Moby's last windshield had several chips and cracks in it but none were bad enough for me to replace it. This last strike is what finally made me take him in to get it replaced. Had the rock hit just a 1/4" higher.... :rolleyes2:

20210312134912-9826d058-me.jpg

Brute

Hooked
I'm on number 3 on 2014 Brute...it has a small chip in it, but not bad enough to replace...yet

Sharkey

Word Ninja
#3 on my 2017; should be number #4 on my 2015 but it's not bad enough to replace yet.

Between the two, it's been enough that our insurance company dropped our windshield coverage.

TrailHunter

Hooked
2017... on original glass still... which just means I’m not driving it enough. Did have a few good hits though.. but only left a tiny chip.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Only on my second one on My 2011. Knuckles has 86xxx miles on him now. He has a few chips but it isn’t bad enough to replace

wjtstudios

Hooked
Ouch!

Bison’s gone through three. I’ve got a big star right now thats refuses to spread so I won’t replace

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

kevman65

Hooked
:fingerscrossed: and knock on wood, have owned my JT for a year now and nothing so far.

Had an 86 CJ7 that I went through five in 7 months :icon_crazy:

wjtstudios

Hooked
:fingerscrossed: and knock on wood, have owned my JT for a year now and nothing so far.

Had an 86 CJ7 that I went through five in 7 months :icon_crazy:

You had one of the last 7s. Probably wish you held onto that!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
Still on original on both jeeps 2007's

Courtesy is given. Respect is earned.

07 JKU Sahara - Rrangdar
07 JKU Rubicon - Drachyn

benatc1

Hooked
2nd on the JL, and it has a small crack that they "repaired" still visible. The guy said we should consider a gorilla glass one, but then said it could still crack when I asked, so at 5x the price I figured I still have a few replacements left lol

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
I've had my JTsince mid 2019 and just had the windshield replaced. I had 3 solid rock hits that they were able to repair but one was hiding on the very corner. It split across the windshield during a cold snap. I didn't realize ACC makes it so much more.

Dale72

Hooked
Had to replace one on the JL last year and it's got a few chips in it now. I will probably have to replace it again later this year, because the chips will probably start to run when it gets hot. Never replaced one on the jk

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Only on the 2nd on my 2015. I replaced the 1st one before I had 5k on it. Hadn't even had its first oil change yet. Surprised this one has lasted so long.

#2... I replaced the first one and 3 days later it cracked again. I left it. About 2 years now. [emoji23]
View attachment 360276

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Haha that’s pretty much what I’ve done. I repalce mine a little over 2 years ago for the 6th time... it’s got a huge crack and a few chips in it but... meh. Leaving it for now. Plus the WAYALIFE decal on the windshield is a PITA to put on by yourself.

Top Bottom