Air Bags

So you did this with Dana 44's and a 3.8L? My concern was breaking axles and how high of a lift is needed?
Not sure if you had 5 bolt Dana 44 or 8 bolt pattern on a 60 with 3.8L.

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So you did this with Dana 44's and a 3.8L? My concern was breaking axles and how high of a lift is needed?
Not sure if you had 5 bolt Dana 44 or 8 bolt pattern on a 60 with 3.8L.
LOL - I couldn't get my 44's to hold up to 37's but in spite of it, I tried to run 40's on them anyway and surprise... that didn't last more than 3 months.

But, to be totally fair, I blew a Dynatrac PR60 rear end with a 3.8 AND a semi-float flange. If you really want to play with 40's, you really need full float 60's with 8 lug and with a low pinion rear or greater - EVEN with a wimpy v6. Or, at least from what I have seen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well OverlanderJK if I don't ask I'll never learn that's why I joined this forum. Like I said I don't know much about these 4 wheel computers
I never had the luxury of haven one back in the day. But watching the wayalife videos on your Jeep runs with you guys running 37's and 40's
kinda flat out make's me want to learn more about it. Before they come out with these fancy high tech Jeeps I never had airbags, sway bar disconnects,Tipm's or what ever you call them. All I had was a Flat fender high hood with leaf springs a 327 V8 in it with Detroit lockers and modest size off road tires no special light's just headlight's and I had fun in it. Now I'm trying to learn all this new tech stuff that is new to me. I never had to worry about air bags popping off, but since I have them I asked the Question. So if some of you guys that run 37's and 40's Id like to learn about them I'm sure you OverLanderJK had a learning curve at one point. Oh and wayoflife Thank you for explaining about Dana 44's not holding up very well with the 40" tires I learned something with you explaining your history with them. Thanks You.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom