Air Bags

Exactly, Just like slipping off a ledge or like a waterfall maybe 8 to 10 foot drop hitting head on at the bottom? Ever any problems with that? Just curious how much impact it takes to set them off. Seen a video on a track car speeding around the track and side airbags went off for no apparent reason. So those air bags that went off for no apparent reason had me ask this curious question. If anyone ever had their airbags go off while off road rock crawling. Hopefully the answer is no.

Upvote 0
Well that's good to know. I don't know if putting it in 4WD would disable the air bags. Seems like there would be a liability against the Manufacture,wouldn't you think. Just good to here it hasn't happened to anyone.

Upvote 0
There's been so many air bag failures in cars over the years. I've never seen it happen offroad. I can't think of any scenario where it would, especially at slow speed such as when crawling.

Upvote 0

JimLee

Hooked
Maybe they’re disabled when in 4WD? Probably not a strong enough impact to set them off.
That's what I was thinking, since it's mostly software controlled nowadays its probably inhibited in 4 low or has a much higher threshold to set off. If anything the only complaints I have seen on the JL's is the airbags not going off during front collisions on the street, probably because all the "parameters" weren't met at the time of collision.

Upvote 0

JimLee

Hooked
That’s some scary shit right there!
Yea, over on the forum full of duck worshipers there's a few accounts of people who's airbags haven't gone off. I can't link them because I be banned :cry:. No major injuries I saw but one girl smashed her face up pretty good into the passenger airbag light up top in a 25mph head on in a parking lot.

Upvote 0

JimLee

Hooked
I don't think it's a huge problem, like I said I read a couple of accounts of bags not deploying, didn't delve into the details, I'm not really stressed about it.

Upvote 0
I don't think it's a huge problem, like I said I read a couple of accounts of bags not deploying, didn't delve into the details, I'm not really stressed about it.
The air-bags on my CJ-5 never deployed by accident and I did not really worry about it. The severity of the problem seems to be over-stated.

Upvote 0
Well bobfriesenhahn I'm being optimistic that you're right about this and that it's very Rare like JimLee said he doesn't think it's a problem
of course I wouldn't know. My last Jeep was a 65 Kaiser it didn't have any airbags the one I have now does that's why I asked the Question.
So thanks for your feedback.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom