Aftermarket Seats

ScoobyCarolanNC

Not a topic I've seen much action on here; anyone running aftermarket seats? I can't lift my jeep yet as its too tough for my 6 year old girl to get in and out of so I'm looking to do other upgrades right now.

jeeeep

Hooked
Not a topic I've seen much action on here; anyone running aftermarket seats? I can't lift my jeep yet as its too tough for my 6 year old girl to get in and out of so I'm looking to do other upgrades right now.

I considered aftermarket, several guys I know have mastercraft and they like them. I chose to add a firmer foam to my seats and put webbing underneath for better support, They feel a lot better now :thumb: 2010 JKU

Judesign

Caught the Bug
I'm in the same boat. A lot of research keeps leading me back to the master craft baja rs dirtsport. Definitely some less expensive options but the consensus seems to be you get what you pay for.

boostdtalon

I had Corbeau seats for my YJ, but returned them. Couldn't find a comfy position for them height wise. I'll probably go with something like the mastercraft or prp seats eventually.

Peak

I currently have Mastercraft Pro4 in my JK. I don't have any pics atm but I will post some later. I've also had Mastercraft Baja RS in my Cj7 and also Corbeau Baja RS. The corbeaus Baja RS are nice but the mastercrafts are a lot better quality and more supportive imo. I also did read that the reclining lever in some of the corbeaus would fail and reclining on their own at times, not sure if they've fixed it since. I do plan on getting the Mastercraft Baja RS for my JK eventually.
Here are some pics of them in my old jeeps
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464932109.466793.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464932138.342336.jpg

Last edited:

ScoobyCarolanNC

I considered aftermarket, several guys I know have mastercraft and they like them. I chose to add a firmer foam to my seats and put webbing underneath for better support, They feel a lot better now :thumb: 2010 JKU

Any info on how you did that? I checked your profile and didn't see a build thread or anything. I appreciate any info!

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464965340.542878.jpg

These Mastercraft look good to but not as much side bolstering. No cutting required to fit.

jeeeep

Hooked
Any info on how you did that? I checked your profile and didn't see a build thread or anything. I appreciate any info!

I took it to a local upholstery shop and had them do the work. They cut out some of the old foam and inserted 2" firmer foam and webbed the seat was only $80/seat

Jeep dad

Just ordered two mastercraft baja rs for jku going to move the front buckets to the back will let you know how it comes out . will be taking the jeep for a 2500 mile vaction and that back seat no one like it in the family . and if they work out may order two more with lumbar and heat . good luck

Devallee

Know of anyone who put in bride seats? That's the route I want to take.

Probably won't see many guys running bride seats in their jeep. They're usually for car racing applications I would imagine getting some to fit in the jeep would probably take a good amount of work. Also I'd imagine they would be horribly uncomfortable off road since they're not meant for it

Gatzked

Didn't go bride but I had a friend selling a buddy club so I replaced my driver seat. Much more comfortable than the stock. 1458510010321.jpg

At 400ish per seat I want to see if I can find some knock-offs to buy in pairs for it.

Gatzked

I would not want to climb over that side bolster everyday lol:shock:

I thought the same thing but it's not bad. Added a 4 point harness too so it's not a quick in or out but I don't worry about moving when I'm in it. I still have to do measurements for the passesngers side as I want to put the larger seat size there but I don't know if it will clear the center console.

Top Bottom