Aftermarket Seats

Brute

Hooked
Seats are pretty much a personal issue...everyone's butts are very different. For me, I installed a pair of Corbeau Baja XRS suspension seats in the front of the Brute and really like them. I herniated a disc in the lower back some years ago...suspension seats are a big help. I recently did a 2400 mi rnd trip from Seattle to Moab & back in those seats with no complaints...ditto on the trail...and will be putting the same exact seats in my new build. If possible, try sitting in a few before buying...bolster width is where most people differ.

Ironwagon

I've had two sets of the Mastercraft Rubicon (fixed back), and now run the PRP Daily Driver. Mastercraft now uses " UV-Treated Marquesa Fabric" which hopefully lasts longer than their tweed. UV damage slowly killed my seats, while the OEM fabric on the rear seats was fine even after 18 years of sun exposure.
The PRP Daily Driver I have now is also fixed back, but slightly more reclined and comfortable than the Mastercraft. These PRP have a suede seating surface and are downright plush. Fit and finish are excellent also. I throw a cheapo cover on them for the times the Jeep sits.

boostdtalon

For you guys that have had the mastercraft rubicon seats, i have a question. How much did it change the seating position if you went from stock to those? reason for asking was the issue i had with the corbeau moab's, it changed the seating position so much that with stock bracket i hit my head on the rollbar. Really need to fix the seat in my YJ, but i do not want a seat that is going to change my seat height position too much.

Gatzked

What seat brackets did you use?

Didn't. Used the base to the stock seat so I still have the slider. Took 1/8" steel and make 2 loops to go under the seat and welded them to 2 flat pieces with holes in to mount to the slider. Then added some gusseting after this pic.

GoldenJK

My OEM seats have the built in side air bags. What happens if I install aftermarket seats? Will I get some type of airbag warning light in the dash?

Rancho

Caught the Bug
We (and me personally) have run the MasterCraft Baja RS for many years and love them.
In fact when I bought my 2013, I bought a set. They now sit in my rafters, as I really like the stock ones for now.
Someday I will do the front to back and install these...
:beer:

DSC03728.jpg

You can see them front and rear...

DSC03668.jpg

Judesign

Caught the Bug
I'm in the market for some and I haven't found anyone selling them for any appreciable discount. For that reason, as much as I personally don't like to do business with them, 4wheelparts has them and can be delivered for about as cheap as you can get them.

Hot94Z28

Seats are pretty much a personal issue...everyone's butts are very different. For me, I installed a pair of Corbeau Baja XRS suspension seats in the front of the Brute and really like them. I herniated a disc in the lower back some years ago...suspension seats are a big help. I recently did a 2400 mi rnd trip from Seattle to Moab & back in those seats with no complaints...ditto on the trail...and will be putting the same exact seats in my new build. If possible, try sitting in a few before buying...bolster width is where most people differ.

You have some pics you can share? I would be interested in these as my wife has a bad back. Did you have to do any modifications to get them to fit?

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I know this might sound weird, check out Rusty's Off-Road.
I had a XJ question the other day from a customer for a 6" lift, we don't go that high, so I sent him Rusty's info.
I saw they were running a seat sale, not too sure if it is better or worse than others out there.

Anyone have a good recommendation on a place to order Mastercraft seats?

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I know this might sound weird, check out Rusty's Off-Road.
I had a XJ question the other day from a customer for a 6" lift, we don't go that high, so I sent him Rusty's info.
I saw they were running a seat sale, not too sure if it is better or worse than others out there.

Hey, thanks. I gave Rusty a call earlier and he was very helpful.

Top Bottom