A Dirt Head's JK

TrailHunter

Hooked
Lastly, I'd like to give you guys an update on my prior posts as promised!

Long story short, I got a job as a salesman at Premier Chevrolet in Carlsbad, California. I'm in Del Mar and it's 15 to 25 minutes away, not bad at all. I plan on moving closer anyway.

I initially applied for and was working with the sales department at Bob Baker CDJR. Unfortunately however, Chris Baker sold the company to AutoNation, and it's new corporate ownership deemed transferring employees as well, so no room for noobs was available during their transition between owners.

During that time, I was referred to - by the Jeep sales manager - take a sales training course. While I do have sales experience, he noted I didn't have car sales experience and that most dealers look for that when hiring, which is obvious. Upon taking this course, which is funded by supporting dealers of San Diego County, it really opened up my eyes to the industry and I feel really confident in my ability to excel in it. At 20 years old I'm probably all over the place when it comes to what I want lol but I think this will be a cool new opportunity for me to tackle. It can be very financially rewarding or it can be cutthroat, and we all know the car sales stereotype...

Anyhow Chevy of Carlsbad is one of the funding members of the class (which was also free for me, totally awesome) and reached out to me upon receiving my information from the class. (Which sends out your info to all its supporting dealers for interviews after graduating also awesome) and now here I am, starting in a couple weeks. Just got through the background check and drug test today. Lol.

Other dealers did reach out but Chevy seemed most intriguing of the bunch that did, unfortunately the Bob Baker Jeep was no longer a supporter of the program due to its new corporate ownership, but no worries. The Chevy team is awesome (funny enough my new Sales Manager drives a JK on 37s lol, we instantly connected) and I really am just looking forward to get my foot into the door as a whole.

Sorry for this college essay, and thank you to those who read it. I'm pretty stoked. Here goes nothing!
Congrats! I thought you wanted to join the PD? Is that still on the table?

Some goodies showed up today! Full set of ball joints. Hopefully these sort out some steering shimmy or at least narrow it down more. Ordered these Wednesday night and they arrived this Friday morning! Awesome!
PSX_20230707_195456.jpg
I'll be installing these shortly after another wheeling and camping trip out to Idyllwild this weekend with the usual work buddies. Praying for my current set to survive, bringing the new ones and tools just in case 🤣

So since switching jobs, I've become extremely busy the past few weeks as I've dedicated my time to starting off well which has paid off! This also meant postponing the replacement of the ball joints - but I'll finally have time this weekend to throw them in! Going to change the front diff fluid while I'm at it as well.

On the other hand, I've been playing around with some photoshop and found myself with these...
Screenshot_20230803-235841_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230803-235928_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230804-000153_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230804-000233_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230804-000404_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230804-000506_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20230804-000829_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20230804-001002_Instagram.jpg

So what do we think? Bronze or machined? I'm leaning towards the shiny. Think it goes with the Jeep perfectly.

So since switching jobs, I've become extremely busy the past few weeks as I've dedicated my time to starting off well which has paid off! This also meant postponing the replacement of the ball joints - but I'll finally have time this weekend to throw them in! Going to change the front diff fluid while I'm at it as well.

On the other hand, I've been playing around with some photoshop and found myself with these...
View attachment 393629
View attachment 393630
View attachment 393631
View attachment 393632
View attachment 393633
View attachment 393634 View attachment 393635 View attachment 393636

So what do we think? Bronze or machined? I'm leaning towards the shiny. Think it goes with the Jeep perfectly.
Machined looks good to me. What size tires are you currently using?

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Bronze adds a real nice contrast. The machined just looks like more white. Unless you really use the rock ring, then go machined all the way around (including the ring).

Top Bottom