A Dirt Head's JK

Also took it for a drive and all I can say is... wow. Can't believe I hadn't replaced these sooner. Been fighting a slowly worsening shimmy and loose feeling at the wheel, as well as death wobble symptoms when braking on top of horrid bump steer. All gone just like that. Should've done this months ago.

Drives super solid again and the steering is TIGHT. Finally time to get back on the trail. Oh, I also reserved a spot at Jeep Bash next month 😎

Had the JK at Discount Tire today for a rotation and rebalance and man, it always amazes me just how perfectly - and with such a small amount of weight - these Trail Grapplers continue to balance out. All the guys were stoked to see me back in the shop too, I’ll still always trust them with anything wheel and tire related for my Jeeps.

Anyhow, while up on the lift I noticed my right rear spring has been eating through my e-brake cable. It hasn’t made its entire way through just yet, but I’m curious to know if this is to become a concern. Obviously I haven’t moved the cable at all but the springs have obviously been changed. What do you guys think?

IMG_2805.jpeg
IMG_2807.jpeg

WJCO

Meme King
I've seen ebrake cables rub on a lot of stuff over the years. A lot of times the cable can just be rerouted slightly. If the metal itself isn't frayed, see if you relocate it somewhere upstream. It would be a good idea to zip tie some foam around it or something similar to minimize water intrusion.

I've seen ebrake cables rub on a lot of stuff over the years. A lot of times the cable can just be rerouted slightly. If the metal itself isn't frayed, see if you relocate it somewhere upstream. It would be a good idea to zip tie some foam around it or something similar to minimize water intrusion.
Great idea yeah, I’ll probably do something like that and didn’t even think about water that’d be bad. It hasn’t gotten that far through yet thankfully.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
My two door did that. I think the cable is too short when lifted even slightly. Mine was way worse than yours and I didn't do anything to it. Its not a big deal since its not a wire. But you could get a four door cable and have the extra length to reroute it.

Top Bottom