392 Compressor to battery hook-up

J T

I installed AEV single compressor in the rear cargo tub but haven't found a way through the firewall to connect to the battery. Any ideas?

JimLee

Hooked
I installed AEV single compressor in the rear cargo tub but haven't found a way through the firewall to connect to the battery. Any ideas?
Auto or stick? I drilled straight through the tub myself and used a waterproof cable gland.

JimLee

Hooked
Sorry, didn't see that it's a 392 so of course its auto. On the auto JL's (non-392) there's a plug in the firewall below the brake booster that can be unscrewed to run cables through (you can drill a hole in the plug and then seal it up after you run your cable through, or make the hole a tight fit for the cable and skip the sealing). I'm not certain that the 392 has this plug though.

JimLee

Hooked
I'm looking to run on passenger side.
If it's like the other JL's there is no good way through the passenger side. There's some harnesses that run through the firewall on that side but they have sealed boots on them. You can try and make a small hole in the boot and snake it through but I've read of some people damaging factory cables attempting this.

kevman65

Hooked
Rear factory drain plug, take it to the frame rail and run it to the engine compartment.

You go poking or drilling on passenger side firewall you're not going to be happy.

Top Bottom