3.6L Oil Filter/Cooler Adaptor Housing Replacement

Hilop

Caught the Bug
I would replace it. Wouldn’t want to put it all back together and run into issues, then have to rip it all apart again.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

That’s the route I’m going, I’m just trying to decide where to buy from. Thanks

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Awesome write up, wish I could say my install went well. Three hour install is turning into 6 or so plus. Ended up breaking an injector connectors, only the red locking part. Then I snapped a bolt on the oil cooling housing on install. Didn’t even get to a double click and it broke. Pissed off about wasting the $300 housing but grabbed one of the old captured bolt and put it in the new housing. So started to be positive. Until I broke an easy out on the broken bolt..

wjtstudios

Hooked
Awesome write up, wish I could say my install went well. Three hour install is turning into 6 or so plus. Ended up breaking an injector connectors, only the red locking part. Then I snapped a bolt on the oil cooling housing on install. Didn’t even get to a double click and it broke. Pissed off about wasting the $300 housing but grabbed one of the old captured bolt and put it in the new housing. So started to be positive. Until I broke an easy out on the broken bolt..

Ughh, sounds like a tough go at it. It is a miserable project to begin with, but I got lucky and didn’t run into those issues. Only issue I had was breaking a red clip on the coil pack. They get so brittle the older the jeep gets.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

psycho_taco

I will be working my way through this, and doing the plugs while i'm in there, once the part gets in next Wednesday. Silver lining for this repair is it looks like less of a PITA than doing head gaskets on my old Discovery II (TWICE! :mad:) I created an account just to view the pictures in this thread so thank you NecessaryEvil for the detailed writeup! :beer:

wjtstudios

Hooked
I will be working my way through this, and doing the plugs while i'm in there, once the part gets in next Wednesday. Silver lining for this repair is it looks like less of a PITA than doing head gaskets on my old Discovery II (TWICE! :mad:) I created an account just to view the pictures in this thread so thank you NecessaryEvil for the detailed writeup! :beer:

Welcome and good luck with the cooler.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Ughh, sounds like a tough go at it. It is a miserable project to begin with, but I got lucky and didn’t run into those issues. Only issue I had was breaking a red clip on the coil pack. They get so brittle the older the jeep gets.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Just my luck. I knew I should of had the dealership do it. Going to try and drill the easy out, out. Hopefully I can and then try a bigger tap with some heat. If not, I’ll try and slit it and use a screw driver or weld a bit to it. But probably going to be looking for a new motor.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Just my luck. I knew I should of had the dealership do it. Going to try and drill the easy out, out. Hopefully I can and then try a bigger tap with some heat. If not, I’ll try and slit it and use a screw driver or weld a bit to it. But probably going to be looking for a new motor.

With a couple extra cylinders??

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I’m praying my trip to the dealership doesn’t say a bad sensor or cooler. I’m not ready to buy a new motor.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I’m praying my trip to the dealership doesn’t say a bad sensor or cooler. I’m not ready to buy a new motor.

Sounds like it’s time to scrap the whole thing, I’ll come haul it off for you [emoji6] lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jdofmemi

I hate to hear that. It seems engine problems are making the rounds through the forum.

Good luck with it.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Always the challenge! Hope you can just get that 3.6 straightened for this year to keep you in the trail

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

IMG_0486.jpg

We’ll success. Had a buddy come tig weld it and we got it out. Now to hope the cooler fixes the problem and it’s not the pump. [emoji1317]

Top Bottom