2017 SEMA R1 Concepts - The Jeff Yurk Gofundme Funded Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited

Sharkey

Word Ninja
This whole thing seems like a witch hunt to me. A lot of speculation, questions and theories, but not much to base it on. Anyone's free to make speculation about this guy, but it's kind of offensive to throw claims out in the guy's face and then ask him to prove it's not true. What's his motivation to do so?

Really? Because what I see is a guy that made a decision to carry insufficient insurance on his primary residence. That's fine, people take that risk all of the time...but they should be a man about it and accept the consequences of their decisions.

There was a time when I carried relatively crappy health insurance. It was a gamble, and unfortunately I ended up needing emergency gall bladder surgery shortly after attending EJS 2012. My deductible was insane. I didn't create a gofundme to pay everything, nor would I have accepted one started by anyone else. You know what I did? I SOLD MY JEEP! That's what people who have some sense of personal responsibility and accountability do...they make sacrifices to improve their own family situation. They don't, however, make other people sacrifice, they don't profit from the situation they created, and they sure as shit don't use other people's sacrifices to build up a high end Jeep.

According to his own words, this guy was underinsured. According to his own words, he used money from other people to cure the underinsurance so he could just sell the land rather than rebuild (and therefore make a profit on the sale). According to his own words, he was already in the middle of Jeep build. According to his own words, he did not sell his Jeep to cure his underinsurance (which, by the way, could have been cured with $20k). Instead, according to his own words, he kept building his Jeep up with high dollar items like Dyantrac axles. Now, please explain to me how anything that I have said is "speculation, questions, and theories."

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This whole thing seems like a witch hunt to me. A lot of speculation, questions and theories, but not much to base it on. Anyone's free to make speculation about this guy, but it's kind of offensive to throw claims out in the guy's face and then ask him to prove it's not true. What's his motivation to do so?

There wouldn’t be any questions, speculation or theories if this guy just told the truth. In spite of what you choose to believe, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt all the way up until he tried to suggest that the axle he posted up wasn’t his. That was just BS. Also, so that it isn’t missed, nobody went looking for him - HE’s the one who came on here after not being on for over 2 years and just to soak in the attention his Jeep was getting. If he wasn’t willing to answer questions, he shouldn’t have bothered to chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I tend to agree... Right or wrong it’s His Life, his jeep, his family, his friends, his sponsors.... not my business... but Grateful for his service regardless. Also good to see others on here concerned with staying true to good values... but who knows what the truth is?... only him. Karma sorts it out either way.

And I tend to disagree. Being that this is MY website, I’d prefer NOT to encourage or support people who lack honesty and integrity.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Maybe it's none of our business because it's personal but if my integrity were on the line then I would just tell the truth and clear my name. To avoid and ignore simple questions, to me, tells me you aren't honest and have something to hide. And as Eddie and Sharkey have stated, there's plenty of evidence pointing to dishonesty, even things he admitted to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Ordinarily something like this might be personal and no one else’s business, but the OP opened the door to attention and scrutiny with his actions. So he has to take the bad with the good.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug

At face value, the guy does appear to have made some decisions we wouldn't have made. My point was that there could be things we don't know. One is why didn't he sell his Jeep to cover the difference on his house? Well, he did say it was his daily driver, but maybe that Jeep is his business too. I know he retired from the Army and I know he goes around to different events repping Ripp superchargers or whatever else. If that's the case, it makes sense why he didn't sell it.

Is the guy an active member here? No. Does that make most of us more wary of some his claims? Probably. But I don't think he deserves to be treated like some of the other egotistical blow hards that come through here and are transparent about what their real motive is.

benatc1

Hooked
I think the point here is the self promotion that was likely funded though his charity takings, regardless of whether the jeep is part of his business. A cheap stock jeep makes a great daily driver [emoji106]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
At face value, the guy does appear to have made some decisions we wouldn't have made. My point was that there could be things we don't know. One is why didn't he sell his Jeep to cover the difference on his house? Well, he did say it was his daily driver, but maybe that Jeep is his business too. I know he retired from the Army and I know he goes around to different events repping Ripp superchargers or whatever else. If that's the case, it makes sense why he didn't sell it.

Is the guy an active member here? No. Does that make most of us more wary of some his claims? Probably. But I don't think he deserves to be treated like some of the other egotistical blow hards that come through here and are transparent about what their real motive is.

You’ll forgive me but asking him to answer a few simple questions is hardly what I would call treating him like an egotistical blow hard. Rather than you making excuses for him and coming up with all the possible reasons for why did the things he did, I would argue that he should be able to answer for himself. Not as if he’s been banned or anything.

I’m sure it’s just me but I was always taught that if I saw someone doing something wrong, I had an obligation to call them out on it. If I didn’t, I would be worse than the person doing the wrong. I never suggested he should sell his Jeep but I did question him buying an expensive axle on the heels of him asking for a handout to help him through hard times. Others asked what “various charities” he gave to and his unwillingness to answer directly is questionable at best. And, because you seemed to have missed it, HE’s the one who came on here to suggest that the axle he posted up wasn’t his. That was just total BS.

JES

I'm pretty sure he is not retired from the Army. A veteran, maybe having served. Besides, saying he is retired would imply he is receiving benefits after serving 20+ years and he doesn't look that old even with carrying those extra pounds. So if he is still an active duty soldier, I'm curious how his command affords him all that time off. Because he seems to be everywhere representing with his jeep except at Fort Benning, GA working. Ever since I saw him and his Jeep surface on the internet, it looked and smelled fishy to me.

Sent from my SM-G920P using WAYALIFE mobile app

mattb19

And I tend to disagree. Being that this is MY website, I’d prefer NOT to encourage or support people who lack honesty and integrity.

Good for you for standing up and asking questions. There is nothing wrong with asking questions when things look shady. This guy has made the decision to live his jeep life on social media and also allowed personal things to be aired in that arena as well. When you share your life with the world and ask that world for help you have to deal with the criticism that comes your way no matter how uncomfortable it could get.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Ordinarily something like this might be personal and no one else’s business, but the OP opened the door to attention and scrutiny with his actions. So he has to take the bad with the good.

I would point out that this guy isn't in actual fact, the OP. Eddie is. He used Eddie's post as a means to attempt to garner attention for himself in much the same way he used other peoples money to buy parts. I'm sure he never expected Eddie to be so well informed or for anyone else to put in the effort to verify his statements. Nothing in ones life is personal when you throw it all over the internet.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I would point out that this guy isn't in actual fact, the OP. Eddie is. He used Eddie's post as a means to attempt to garner attention for himself in much the same way he used other peoples money to buy parts. I'm sure he never expected Eddie to be so well informed or for anyone else to put in the effort to verify his statements. Nothing in ones life is personal when you throw it all over the internet.

Yes, you are correct, he was not the OP. But I think my point remains valid.

OhNoTheJiggies

I'm selling my jeep because I need the money for more important things like a house... But if I can just go around talking about how I'm in the military, and draw up a story to get money from other people, maybe I should do that.
On second thought, I have more integrity than that.
Image1511074186.800935.jpg

Ausjeep113

Right? Because who gives a fuck about those pesky things like honesty & integrity? As long as the ends justify the means, right? :grayno:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] calm down mate. Yeah he did a shit thing but I’m sure karma will sort it out. No one on here is going to do anything about it and he clearly isn’t going to be honest so as I said why does anybody give a fuck? Just sounds like a days of our lives episode.

FallonJeeper

Go fund me is a huge scam.
Every time I see one, flags go up.
Same thing on community Book of Faces accounts where somebody claims to be unemployed, living in a hotel, needs money for food and kids x-mas. Then the next day posts a picture of their brand new whole back tatoo. Shame!

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom