2013 JKX build from stock to JKX ready

seanb123

Don't know if you figured out the hi lift but mine is facing the opposite way aka Handel toward the bumper and not hit when spaying give that a try but it might just be mines higher too

13JKUR

Don't know if you figured out the hi lift but mine is facing the opposite way aka Handel toward the bumper and not hit when spaying give that a try but it might just be mines higher too

I actually tried to flip it over but you won't be able to open the hood without the hi lift hitting. Oh well it hasn't bothered me that much yet :)

seanb123

I actually tried to flip it over but you won't be able to open the hood without the hi lift hitting. Oh well it hasn't bothered me that much yet :)

Yeah I had that problem to I just put a tshirt or towel in between them so they don't scratch the paint but if doesn't bother you well hell keep it that way and keep this build going

13JKUR

Yeah I had that problem to I just put a tshirt or towel in between them so they don't scratch the paint but if doesn't bother you well hell keep it that way and keep this build going

Thanks. Everything begins tomorrow morning! I will be posting lots of pictures

MAMUT

Thanks. Everything begins tomorrow morning! I will be posting lots of pictures

I'm interested in hearing your opinion on the rock hard sport cage install. How easy it is to install, and how well it fits in ?

Standing-by for your pictures and comments. :)

DanMojo82

For the hi-lift jack blocking the windshield wash spray nozzle you could try using a few washers either between the hood and mount or the hi-lift and mount. Might be able to give you the added height you need to get the spray clear. :idontknow: And if you ever need an extra set of hands, I can come give you a hand, you're not all that far from me. :beer:

13JKUR

Got a good amount done. Here is my jeep now lifted 4" and tires and wheels done.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1374685190.165415.jpg

We got the side bars, dash bar and the upper bar installed for the sport cage. The draglink flip kit installed, my bumper stubbied and daystar dash panel installed. Everything went in fine, except for running to stores to pick up drill bits I thought we had and other misc things. The dash panel was a little pain, the clips don't want to seem to clip in so we improvised :). The sport cage was tougher than I thought to install, I would recommend anyone doing this to NOT use bedline spray and powdercoat it due to I think I lost space on the clamps with the texture. I have some touch ups to do on the cage from scratching some of it up.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1374686058.309133.jpg

Drilling out the knuckle for the flip kit

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1374686134.692596.jpg

Sport cage, not the greatest welds but good product

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1374686169.395126.jpg

Lifted pre 37's

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1374686226.842132.jpg

Still have to get my winch installed, chop my fenders, finish up the sport cage, Retorque bolts after 500 miles and misc things.

GCM 2

Don't worry about the Rockhard sport cage, everyone's welds look just like yours. It's a decent product, but has always come with pretty rough looking beads. The jeep is is really coming together nicely :thumb: The Nitto's are always a welcome edition ;) they will not let you down either. Last year, not one failure on the JKX or the Ultimate Adventure!

Edit: just carry that torque wrench with you, cheap insurance!

13JKUR

Don't worry about the Rockhard sport cage, everyone's welds look just like yours. It's a decent product, but has always come with pretty rough looking beads. The jeep is is really coming together nicely :thumb: The Nitto's are always a welcome edition ;) they will not let you down either. Last year, not one failure on the JKX or the Ultimate Adventure!

Thanks Greg! I like the product so far it seems well built. I'm loving the nittos! I was really surprised how quiet they are also, I didn't notice much of a difference from my stock 32's. btw, is your schedule freeing up yet for the JKX?!

GCM 2

Thanks Greg! I like the product so far it seems well built. I'm loving the nittos! I was really surprised how quiet they are also, I didn't notice much of a difference from my stock 32's. btw, is your schedule freeing up yet for the JKX?!

You know my schedule actually was about to allow me to get home in time to support you guys doing the event. The work that I'm doing for Uncle Sam.....well the contract was awarded to another company so basically I was going to get to do the JKX because I was jobless. Talk about bitter sweet:icon_crazy: but I just got word today, my contract was extended until further notice. Bad news, I miss the JKX......Good news, my family gets to have a home and eat real food under a roof.

Edit: trust me, I am still gaming this whole scenario to keep a paycheck, home, family that is fed and do the JKX. I am working some angles ;)

13JKUR

You know my schedule actually was about to allow me to get home in time to support you guys doing the event. The work that I'm doing for Uncle Sam.....well the contract was awarded to another company so basically I was going to get to do the JKX because I was jobless. Talk about bitter sweet:icon_crazy: but I just got word today, my contract was extended until further notice. Bad news, I miss the JKX......Good news, my family gets to have a home and eat real food under a roof.

Haha well that is good news for you and the family. Sucks you can't join us, hopefully some other time!

13JKUR

Winch came yesterday so I should be able to get that done this weekend. I also ordered the superchips flashcal today to get everything calibrated correctly. I "should" be done ordering items except for small things like spill kit etc etc. I get my evo sliders and my c gussets welded up next week.

Top Bottom