01WJ build

WJCO

Meme King
That's the tightest spots on our Jeeps. Is it hitting on the new fender flare or the body/tub itself? You could always buy a set of adjustable lower control arms and move the axle forward a little too. You just have to be mindful of your pinion angle, don't want it too steep. My Zone 4 inch kit came with longer front lower arms (fixed, not adjustable) but re-uses the factory upper arms. It balanced out fairly well.

WJCO

Meme King
It's rubbing the tub itself SMH I may look into a similar kit

That's a common spot to rub. Does it do it on all turns or just when hitting bumps during a turn? Also, you did pound down that pinch weld that sticks out there right?

The other thing you could do, is take the tires back off and with a big ass sledge hammer, beat the shit out of the body right there to push it in. I know two other WJ owners who did that with no issues and it doesn't rub anymore. It isn't near the unibody rails so it won't affect anything else. Otherwise you may have to get some adjustable arms, etc.

ty Mitchell

It get stuck on sharp turns lol can't get out the driveway Pinch weld has been pounded back I think I'm gonna do that he same to the body thanks for that tip.

WJCO

Meme King
It get stuck on sharp turns lol can't get out the driveway Pinch weld has been pounded back I think I'm gonna do that he same to the body thanks for that tip.

You also could weld nuts on to the steering stops to decrease the turning radius (our models did not come with adjustable stops, you have to make your own) , not sure if that will help depending on where it catches during the turn. But if you do that, you will lose turning radius.

ty Mitchell

Just got the low profile cross member and transfercase skid plate in soon to be attached

Attachments

• 1458930850496.jpg
    1458930850496.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 1458930870764.jpg
    1458930870764.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 99

ty Mitchell

About to start pounding at the front fenders, we've had crappy weather so I couldn't do it before. But the last tire is finally on lol

Attachments

• 1458936514880.jpg
    1458936514880.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 90

WJCO

Meme King
About to start pounding at the front fenders, we've had crappy weather so I couldn't do it before. But the last tire is finally on lol

Wow. That looks really sharp. I hope you can keep it LCOG without having to lift it any higher as long as you get your bump stops right. Great looking combo.

EDIT: Where is your spare going?

ty Mitchell

OK so I'm gonna put a 3" lift in it from iron rock and that should be high enough plus the shocks I ordered come with upgraded bump stops

Top Bottom