Working on an old 1965 J3000 Gladiator

Bassfisher

I bought a “new” thermostat housing a while back, only to find out yesterday that it does not fit properly. Will need to make an adapter plate in between so that it closes properly on the engine’s side. It was the only one I could find in RSA. I also found that the waterpump is leaking a little bit. Will try and source one next week.

. 86eff029-616f-422e-a5a9-8d6d59e2da26.jpg

The housing is also thicker that the previous one, so one bolt is to short. Will try and get the bolt out and install a new one.

1da3e9f9-c2b5-4cf2-abe3-64f08627aa78.jpg

Powersteering box is in. Need to fabricate a bracket for the pump now.

IMG_4765.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Bassfisher

I would have loved it more if parts were easy to come by. Because of it being an import and an old one at that, to source parts here is a hassle. And if you get, it is more expensive due to the import and courier costs involved. But we are getting there. Found a waterpump, will get it tomorrow. Also bought new brake slave cylinders. I wanted to do a transfer over to disks brakes, but will do it at a later stage when finances allows it.

Bassfisher

I managed to get the new waterpump. I also made the base plate for the thermostat housing and fitted both. I think the color scheme is looking nice at this stage.

Waterpomp nuut op.jpg

Bassfisher

Did the other door and the back of the cab yesterday. My Raptor coating is finished (used 4 bottles so far) and there is no stock in South Africa. Only arriving mid Desember. Leaves me time to work on the nose now. Still plenty to do.

6eb3be16-a1ea-4615-a265-40d4b8bbbcfa.jpg

Not sure why I am struggling to upload more than one picture at a time sometimes. Will post the other pic after this post

Top Bottom