Wines of the Week

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I received this bottle as a gift many years ago. Decided to give it a try last weekend. Not bad, but not great either.

IMG_8350.jpg

Brute

Hooked
Donating two cases of Bordeaux to a charity we support... case of Chateau Calon-Segur St Estephe 2000, and a case of Chateau La Mission Haut-Brion 1996 & 1999

Attachments

• IMG_3782.jpg
    IMG_3782.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3783.jpg
    IMG_3783.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 61

Brute

Hooked
Going to need to throw a couple serious wine drinking parties soon...only a quarter of our wine storage has been reduced...and may have a serious buyer for our HI house...

Good2Go

I’m at an Embassy Suites in Tucson and they gave me a glass of Merlot served in a used Jelly glass jar at happy hour tonight for Free! Just thought thought you might want to know.

Sullivan

Just got back from a trip to Paso Robles with the wife. 18 bottle of wine. Flew them home as checked luggage. Can’t wait to start breaking them open. So many good ones from that area.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

CalSgt

Hooked
Going to need to throw a couple serious wine drinking parties soon...only a quarter of our wine storage has been reduced...and may have a serious buyer for our HI house...

Not sure I could pull off a flight to HI but a long weekend and trip to Washington might be doable for free wine... when's the party?

My fridge (and closet stockpile) is about empty and i'm not going wine shopping until the behind the cellar door event in Amador Co. CA. Good thing I've been on a diet and avoiding the vino otherwise I'd go crazy.

longarmwj

IMG_5830.jpg

Got an early birthday gift from a good friend. He got it from a local wine boutique that just opened up. Said the lady inside told him it was a hard to find Spanish Merlot. A google search told me that it’s a gas station wine with a fancy label lol. That being said, it’s not absolutely terrible, but it’s not absolutely astounding either. It has a lot of black cherry notes though, which I don’t mind.

Maybe Brute knows anything about it? Lol

Brute

Hooked
View attachment 320289

Got an early birthday gift from a good friend. He got it from a local wine boutique that just opened up. Said the lady inside told him it was a hard to find Spanish Merlot. A google search told me that it’s a gas station wine with a fancy label lol. That being said, it’s not absolutely terrible, but it’s not absolutely astounding either. It has a lot of black cherry notes though, which I don’t mind.

Maybe Brute knows anything about it? Lol

You're right...really hard to find Spanish merlot...

Brute

Hooked
Hmm. Not sure if sarcasm or legitimate lol. I can’t find hardly anything about it. Just a couple of mediocre reviews.

I wasnt trying to be sarcastic...the two main red grape varietials that come to mind when talking about Spanish wines are Tempranillo & Garnacha...however, like Italy, some vintners have been experimenting and planting merlot...mostly used in Bordeaux style blends...and I've never tasted or seen a Spanish wine that is primarily merlot...

Top Bottom