Wines of the Week

My favorite place to eat breakfast in CA is in San Juan Capistrano...Ramos House, right next to the train tracks. We have friends in San Clemente, so whenever we visit, we head there...

Never eaten there but have seen it several time. May need to give it a try. Next time you are there, you should by the winery. Whenever we go there are nearly 20 varietals to taste and we also enjoy binging a few back home with us.

Never eaten there but have seen it several time. May need to give it a try. Next time you are there, you should by the winery. Whenever we go there are nearly 20 varietals to taste and we also enjoy binging a few back home with us.

I'll make a point to stop by and try some of their wine...I better have a a very late breakfast...

Had some great wine with some good friends last night while playing some liars dice, shuffle board and pool until early this morning. I believe the damage was 13 bottles of wine plus a bottle of Pappy!

But the star of the night was an unlabeled winemakers special collection that my friend talked the owner into selling a case of some years back. Probably the best wine I’ve ever tasted. Too bad it is no longer available (or maybe that is a good thing as my wine spend seems to be creeping higher and higher).

IMG_4514.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg
It had a massive punt, which I know may or may not be an indication of quality, but in this case it certainly was.

The trouble with drinking great wine is it makes one spend more on “everyday” wine.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Had some great wine with some good friends last night while playing some liars dice, shuffle board and pool until early this morning. I believe the damage was 13 bottles of wine plus a bottle of Pappy!

But the star of the night was an unlabeled winemakers special collection that my friend talked the owner into selling a case of some years back. Probably the best wine I’ve ever tasted. Too bad it is no longer available (or maybe that is a good thing as my wine spend seems to be creeping higher and higher).

View attachment 293540

View attachment 293541
It had a massive punt, which I know may or may not be an indication of quality, but in this case it certainly was.

The trouble with drinking great wine is it makes one spend more on “everyday” wine.

I respectfully disagree...I can't find any fault in drinking great wine...there are far more worse things in life to throw your money at......

What varietal was that wine?...Napa Cab?

I respectfully disagree...I can't find any fault in drinking great wine...there are far more worse things in life to throw your money at......

Lol. Very true. Drinking great wine isn’t the problem. Paying for great wine is a different story. But I’m coming around. Have a few cases coming that a few years ago would have never been ordered.

Definitely mostly cab and it was from Napa. I can’t remember the vineyard.

Lol. Very true. Drinking great wine isn’t the problem. Paying for great wine is a different story. But I’m coming around. Have a few cases coming that a few years ago would have never been ordered.

If you're gonna go broke, might as well be happy doing it...

View attachment 293540

View attachment 293541

I've gotten sucked into buying more than normal of late as well. But my price points are all over the map. Spent $100 on pre release bottle of Pape. This week we picked up a $6 bottle Malbec from TJs. And others everywhere in between. I recall when $20 a bottle was "expensive."

Lol. Yeah. My wife says all my money goes to wine or Jeeps. So long as I don't enjoy the first while driving the other, I should be good, right.

Let me know when's the party. I have a ton of PTO. Ha ha. [emoji485][emoji485][emoji106]

If you're gonna go broke, might as well be happy doing it...

Or not remember how it happened. :cheesy:

Amen. [emoji16]

Time to get back in the saddle MTG. Quick recovery. [emoji6] For everyone else, in case an excuse was needed. [emoji485][emoji485]

4F93B6A9-0230-4D96-BFEC-39CED1A1C6DA.jpg

Top Bottom