Wines of the Week

JAGS

Hooked
It has a full taste but not super dry to me. A lot of berry flavors but not fruity. Tannins aren't too heavy most coming from darker berries I'm guessing. There is a little oaky taste / smell but not a mouth full. I really enjoyed the wine a lot. It's a 14.5% abv which is middle of the range so its not going to knock you over. Had two glasses last night I am sure it won't make it thought this evening lol. I aerorated it but I don't feel its necessary at all.

Sounds like a good one. I still lean toward a quality Zin and Malbec. But do like some cab blends as they tend to pull the best cab characteristics, like those you mention. Ok, I think I'll need some wine tonight now. Lol.

Sounds like a good one. I still lean toward a quality Zin and Malbec. But do like some cab blends as they tend to pull the best cab characteristics, like those you mention. Ok, I think I'll need some wine tonight now. Lol.

Oh I'm a fan of Malbecs, haha. I'm pretty much a fan of most reds. I enjoy white wines now and then but not as much as reds.

JAGS

Hooked
Not the best "wine" per se, but it is local and a great one to enjoy while BBQing lunch. Maui Blanc pineapple wine. 👍🍷

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439684390.278948.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Thought I'd post the other couple bottles the wife and I enjoyed this week. We bookend the pineapple wine with a couple Malbecs. 🍷🍷

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440386288.964265.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440386668.950249.jpg

The Costco was good. The Trapiche was better... but it was also more pricey.

JAGS

Hooked
Been very impressed with Tablas Creek. The latest is a French blend they call Panoplie. Man is it good!!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440558824.474638.jpg

Mtb275

Nice find!!! I love me some TJ James Gang Reserve zin. That's one that started my zin craze from central coast way back when. They don't all make them like the 08s anymore though.

Yes we do a lot of TJ wines. So, I think your post just helped us name our Jeep.

We've been trying think of a name for our Silver Jeep. When you said you like the reserve, I had to think about and look at the picture, because I did not recall it was a reserve. Well, i thought to myself, it is a reserve, but not a Silver reserve. Then I thought Tobin Silver Reserve, we can name the name the Jeep that. So I blurted out, we can name the Jeep Tobin, because they always make a Silver Reserve, and the family all said they liked it.

Thanks.

JAGS

Hooked
Yes we do a lot of TJ wines. So, I think your post just helped us name our Jeep.

We've been trying think of a name for our Silver Jeep. When you said you like the reserve, I had to think about and look at the picture, because I did not recall it was a reserve. Well, i thought to myself, it is a reserve, but not a Silver reserve. Then I thought Tobin Silver Reserve, we can name the name the Jeep that. So I blurted out, we can name the Jeep Tobin, because they always make a Silver Reserve, and the family all said they liked it.

Thanks.

That's awesome. Glad to help! 😉👍🍷 My wife and I started wine tasting that area just about when we could start drinking. Quickly fell in love with Peachy Canyon and Tobin.

Tobin's reserves and late harvest's are still awesome, while we haven't been as found as Peachy's direction.

That said, we've found many others to fill any voids, such Tablas Creek and J Dusi to name just a couple.

Top Bottom