Whiskey of the Day

FFPulley77

Hooked
That definitely looks interesting.
The guy at the tasting said it’s only available around Houston, but I don’t know that I believe him. If you can find it, I’d suggest getting a bottle as it was only $26. I think its Johnnie’s way of enticing whiskey drinkers that aren’t necessarily scotch drinkers.

MericaMade

The guy at the tasting said it’s only available around Houston, but I don’t know that I believe him. If you can find it, I’d suggest getting a bottle as it was only $26. I think its Johnnie’s way of enticing whiskey drinkers that aren’t necessarily scotch drinkers.
I used to be a big fan of JW Blue but not so much anymore. I prefer Burbon over scotch now but would like to try this. Nice find.

FFPulley77

Hooked
I used to be a big fan of JW Blue but not so much anymore. I prefer Burbon over scotch now but would like to try this. Nice find.
I’ve never been that big in to scotch. I’ve had the usual Johnnie Blue and Black and Glen Fiddich when drinking with friends. I’d say I’m more a bourbon fan. But this is a nice in-between. If you can’t find any, let me know and I’ll attempt to FedEx you a bottle to try (they’re kind of weird about shipping alcohol here).

MericaMade

I’ve never been that big in to scotch. I’ve had the usual Johnnie Blue and Black and Glen Fiddich when drinking with friends. I’d say I’m more a bourbon fan. But this is a nice in-between. If you can’t find any, let me know and I’ll attempt to FedEx you a bottle to try (they’re kind of weird about shipping alcohol here).
I'll look and let you know.

Squid

Found this at my local total wine. Super smokey and amazing. If you're a fan of isles this stuff will get you in trouble.

Attachments

• 64747031529__E1538CE6-25F0-435E-851E-33505C4DD6FC.jpeg
    64747031529__E1538CE6-25F0-435E-851E-33505C4DD6FC.jpeg
    238.7 KB · Views: 8

Ddays

Hooked
Ad for this brand - Low Gap - popped up on IG. Don't usually buy based on IG feeds, but I never heard of this brand so I googled the reviews.
Oddly they ranged from 82 up to a 93. Decided WTH & bought a bottle. I really like it. It's a little lighter tasting that the traditional Kentucky bourbons. Nice sipper.

Attachments

• low gap.jpg
    low gap.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 7

jesse3638

Hooked
Surprisingly pretty good 👍
View attachment 366450
I cracked open the bottle of Kirkland small batch the other night to make Lisa a hot toddy to help with her covid. I figured I'd give it a try as well. Big bummer when I found out I couldn't taste it. Just could feel the alcohol burn. That is the worse thing about covid, can't taste or smell. Even tried to smell some Vicks, nothing...haha.

Top Bottom